“Surprisingly Good”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Domino's Pizza
Ranked #2,290 of 4,068 Restaurants in Austin
Description: Visit your Austin Domino's Pizza today for a signature pizza or oven baked sandwich. We have coupons and specials on pizza delivery, pasta, buffalo wings, & more! Order online now!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have been in search of a foldable New York style pizza ever since arriving into Austin. Decided to give Domino's new Brooklyn style a try. Having had horrendous experiences at both nearby Papa John's and Pizza Hut, for a chain, this was way better than expected. Sauce is a little too sweet for my tastes, but the toppings were generous. Out of the other chains in Austin - Pizza Hut and Papa John's - Domino's is the clear winner.

Believe it or not, you can get a decent pie at those chains in Chicago, not that I ever regularly ordered from them. I usually ordered only when I had a really cheap coupon. Could be the quality is better because they're competing with so many great pizza places in that area. You can get a New York style pie all over Chicago -- which is my favorite. I love deep dish, but actually prefer New York style - not the crispy kind - but the real cheesy foldable type.

Despite specifically leaving instructions to come to the side of the building and ring the buzzer - the driver called me on the phone because she couldn't get into the front of the building. It almost seemed like she did not understand what I was talking about. She spoke English, but the idea of going to a delivery door in a modern building seemed to escape her. To top it off, the instructions were clearly on a label, right on the pizza box! They need to tell their delivery people to look at the instructions on their own box!