“Interesting place with character”
Review of Magnolia Cafe

Magnolia Cafe
Ranked #90 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Interesting café, very good food...we all leaned toward Mexican. Fresh avocado! Very near St Edwards University so most their were mostly young people around. I saw specialty teas on the menu board that I didn't see before ordering coffee...wish I had. All 4 of us were pleased with our meals, the reasonable cost and the friendly atmosphere and staff. The place is a little quirky.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Magnolia Cafe has been going for a long time now. It is smack in the thick of the trendy SoCo area of town which is host to numerous, clubs, shops, hotels, restaurants and bars. Its easy to spot, just look for the neon sign that reads "SORRY WE'RE OPEN"! If I am not mistaken, prior to the Magnolia Cafe, the Blues club, The Aus-Tex Lounge, occupied the building. That was back in the late 70's, so this spot can boast two great incarnations. This is one of only a few 24 hour restaurants I know of that are still running in Austin. A college town, with a vibrant music scene, Austin really needs 24 hour places to feed the hungry denizens of the night! In my experience, the food at a lot of eateries that never close is not great. Happily this isn't the case at Magnolia Cafe. Would have to be good as it always seems to be packed. Be prepared to wait at peak times. Food is good quality, portions are generous, service is friendly and fast and the decor is funky and comfy.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Now THIS is an Austin tradition that has not been spolied by the Californication of town. Eclectic food and servers in a funky little joint just off of Town (oops, "LADY BIRD") Lake - breakfast served 24 hours a day and all kind of options for everyone, including vegans.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I usually avoid this sort of place, but Austin friends advised it had been open for over 40 years. One meal there and I can see why. Very affordable pricing, generous portions and very good food. We were there for a late lunch and everything we had was great. A number of healthy options - rare for this type of place. Service was prompt and friendly. I'll happily join the regulars who happily frequent Maggies.

1  Thank GleefulDonald
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Magnolia's has the best omelets and French toast that melts in your mouth. Great atmosphere and great service.

1  Thank Millerc3646

Been to Magnolia Cafe? Share your experiences!