“Fabulous food and wonderful, friendly service”
Review of Hoover's Cooking

Hoover's Cooking
Ranked #254 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: University of Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was restaurant was recommended to me as one to visit while we were in Austin. I am so glad that we went. I had the chicken fried steak, potato salad, fried okra, and black-eyed peas as well as a piece of the buttermilk pie while my husband had the fried catfish. The food was wonderful and the portions were enormous, enough to take back to the hotel for later. This restaurant is definitely one you want to put on your list of must eat at... Definitely recommend!!!

2  Thank Debbie L

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the nitrate free gluten free BBQ sausage, that came withThree sides. I had a fresh side salad, black eyed peas. Came with tasty cornbread muffins. Great choices. Great service.

1  Thank Teewren
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We visited for lunch after visiting the LBJ Library following a recommendation from the lady in the LBJ gift shop. She was not wrong! The meatloaf and lemonade were great, so was the service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place was fantastic! Everything that each of us at our table ordered was delicious. I am dreaming about chicken fried chicken now! Will definitely return!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was a little out of the way from where we were staying. Not to far, just off the beaten path. The food was very good and the service was excellent. They had local specials and everything tasted home cooked! My husband even suggested that we go there a second time on our trip!
Very good food and service. We will be returning. Thank hotel guy!

1  Thank ang126