“Fun Atmosphere, Delicious Food!”
Review of Hoover's Cooking

Hoover's Cooking
Ranked #245 of 3,727 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: University of Texas
Austin, Texas
“Fun Atmosphere, Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Ethnically diverse clientele and everyone has a great time. Food is great, except for the sausage which is spectacular. Good veggies. Friendly service. Generous portions. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank josephedward71

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended - worth a trip”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you fancy southern food, then this place is worth the trip. Friendly service, and a good menu. It's a shame the fried chicken is only available from the truck opposite. We came here twice. The first time, I had chicken fried steak. I'd never eaten it before, and won't be again! But from the sides, and what we had on our return trip, it was clear that CFS is clearly just not for me. Very good portions, and tasty.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CharmlessNerk
ADKINS
“Good eats!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Second visit to this restaurant this year. I'm from San Antonio but have family in Austin. Nice surroundings, good food, good portions, quick & efficient service! Chocolate bread puffing excellent! Meat loaf delicious! Good margaritas!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank kay000
Roswell, New Mexico
“Fabulous food and wonderful, friendly service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was restaurant was recommended to me as one to visit while we were in Austin. I am so glad that we went. I had the chicken fried steak, potato salad, fried okra, and black-eyed peas as well as a piece of the buttermilk pie while my husband had the fried catfish. The food was wonderful and the portions were enormous, enough to take back to the hotel for later. This restaurant is definitely one you want to put on your list of must eat at... Definitely recommend!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Debbie L
Mission Viejo, California
“Great Southern Cooking”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had the nitrate free gluten free BBQ sausage, that came withThree sides. I had a fresh side salad, black eyed peas. Came with tasty cornbread muffins. Great choices. Great service.

• Visited June 2014