“Great Coffee”

Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were in Austin on vacation and stopped by Jo's for some coffee. The Iced Coffee and Turbos were great on a sunny, humid day. Pastries and breakfast burritos are pretty average (I think the breakfast burritos are made elsewhere). The line went around the corner but it went very quickly. The drinks were ready once we went to the pickup window.
The sitting area is nice though most of it is smoking permitted, not great since we had our 1 year old with us. It would be nice if there were more seats for non-smoking as that section is about 1/3 of the size of the smoking section.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I guess people smoke more in Austin, but because it's outside you have to put up with it. But I enjoyed the coffee and the food was tasty.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you want to beat the heat in Austin and get your weeks-worth of caffeine — then Jo's Iced Turbo is the only option. It's delicious. You'll be jumping off the walls in no time. It has only one downside: if you drink one daily (as I have been known to do), your caffeine tolerance will get way out of whack. But that's okay, we live on caffeine, right?

Ignore the line. It moves fast. Even during south-by, the staff is awesome. Austin-friendly and once they know you, they have no problem making sure you're taken care of.

Both locations have nice patios, but the Second Street location has cooked-to-order food, which makes it a bit nicer. The coffee is local, from Cuvee, and have a good number of beers on tap (2nd street).

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and some of the best people watching in Texas. Not the best coffee I've ever had but, nowhere near the worst. Of course I'm super critical of coffee so you might like it a little better than I did. Its still waaaaaaay better than the humongous chain with the mermaid logo. It's kind of a sugar bomb but, the "Iced Turbo" is amazing on a hot Texas day!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The people that work here are jerks. Ordering food or drinks is a three step process. First stop is to get one of the holier than thou hipster employees to acknowledge you, then you slide to the left and are supposed to pay except there was nobody to take my money. I see my drink at the window where you pick up your food/drinks so I go to the window and give her my money where I am scolded that I need to go back around to the front to pay - never mind that she is standing right next to the cash register. Pay my money, go back to the window to get my drink which was overfilled. I tried to put a lid on which resulted in pressing down the ice and spilling some down the sides where I was scolded again for making a mess. Joe's Coffee - time to fire your entire staff and hire some people who actually care about your customers

1  Thank Sean C