“What a treat!”
Review of Wink Restaurant

Wink Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wink Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited this restaurant for a couple's date night (us & another couple). It is a bit tricky to find (tucked away behind some other shops). I was surprised how tiny it was once we found it, but that is part of its charm. The host staff is so incredibly friendly and makes a point to remember your name. They are part of the slow food movement, so don't expect that lightning fast service we are accustomed to. Be prepared to take your time and enjoy. The bread & butter was super delish. We all loved our entrees. They are on the small side, which one of our diners wasn't super happy about. I had a fish dish and it was very light and yummy. My friend had the scallops and she raved about them. This is really a wonderful place for a date night to linger and enjoy.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant for our anniversary last week. It was delicious! The owner greeted us at the door, asked our names, and remembered them as we were leaving. The service is wonderful here. Be sure and make reservations, it is a very small location. Vegetarians, there is a decent amount of choices, but it is very expensive and, in my opinion, not worth it. Good for a very special occasion or if someone else so buying. Don't expect to get our for under $100.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've lived in Austin for years and have always heard of Wink, but never got around to trying it. Well, I am so glad this past weekend I did. The restaurant is very small and intimate which I liked. The staff was extremely warm when we arrived and that continued until we left. They used our first names throughout our meal and made us feel right at home. The food was absolutely delicious. We went with 5 course tasting menus with wine pairings. As a vegetarian, I honestly never have an opportunity to do a tasting menu because restaurants hardly ever have a vegetarian menu. Not only does Wink have one, but it was incredible. The produce that was used in these dishes was so fresh. Each dish and glass of wine was explained to us and the presentation was beautiful. Definitely could be the best meal I have had in Austin...or in my life.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I went to austin to visit our son. While there, we dined at Wink. We ordered the seven course tasting. The service was excellent. The wait staff is beyond any I've ever encountered. They went out of their way to make our dining experience exceptional. Our waiter, Dickie, was very funny and kept us totally entertained. The food was the most amazing I've ever eaten. Innovative, exciting, unusual and totally wonderful. When we return to austin, we will definitely be dining there again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Now you wouldn't expect this when you walk into the strip mall that you find Wink in, which just adds to the magic. Hidden at the back is this gorgeous locavore restaurant (although the decor itself also sets your expectations down), with an amazing tasting menu & excellent wine pairings. I took an important client for a dinner and it was a super evening. The dishes were clever but never "too clever", and the wine selection included some nice surprises like good Texas wine(!). Maybe the service was a bit too easygoing in presenting the dishes (it would've been interesting to hear a bit more about both the food & wine), but that's a minor complaint about a superb place!