“Holy Cow!!!”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$45 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto Blvd.
Transit: Both public light rail & public bus system stop two blocks away by the Convention Center & the Hilton Hotel. Amtrak stops ten blocks away near Whole Foods headquarters.
Description: Fleming's Downtown Austin, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located beside the Austin Convention Center, near 6th Street, Holly, and South Congress.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This food was great but man is it expensive!!! If you can afford $50-75 a plate for a meal this is the place to be! I had the steak and shrimp special that night and it was to die for. The mashed potatoes were some of the best I have ever had. Would definitely recommend this restaurant but don't go in here expecting regular prices! Make sure you also understand their family style side dishes before ordering as you might not get what you are thinking.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went here for my father's 79th birthday. I am so glad we chose to do so. They were wonderful. A birthday card at the table. Everyone from the hostess to the manager wished him a happy birthday. At the end of the meal they had a box of truffles with a candle in them. All of this is very small but huge to my Dad. At 79, not many of his friends are around these days to call and wish him a happy birthday. Thank you for this Flemings!

The meal was wonderful as well. Probably the best Wedge salad I have ever had. It came with a huge chunk of blue cheese. My husband ordered a Caesar Salad and said it was better than average as well. For entrees, Dad got their pork chop & a loaded bake potato, I got the Newport filet and husband got the petite filet. The pork chop was huge and Dad ate every bite, which means it was really good. My Newport came with the Fleming potatoes. We also ordered a side of asparagus. Everything was cooked to order.

Overall a wonderful mean and experience. Extremely on point service. Junior was our server and did an amazing job. We can not wait to return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Overall I wasn't impressed with Flemmings. I'm not a picky eater or a complainer but I had to write a review because I expected more. I had the seafood tower for an appetizer and it was good - could've used some raw oysters. I wasn't in the mood for steak so I got the small plate of tuna / the description said raw - it was over cooked and tasted like charcoal. My husband ordered the dry aged New York strip and it was full of fat so we sent it back and they brought another steak out but didn't bother to take it off our bill. Flemmings you left a bad taste in my mouth. Very unsatisfied. Service was good though

1  Thank allabouttellingit31
Reviewed 28 May 2014

To celebrate my birthday this year, my wonderful family took me to Fleming's Steakhouse in downtown town Austin. The food was out of this world, the waiter was delightfully fun and helpful in our choices of entrees and the atmosphere could not have been better. I will look forward to returning.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The best dinner experience we had ever had was at this Flemings many years ago so Hubby took me again for Mother's Day since we were in town. He had made reservations unbeknownst to me and they greeted us by name when we arrived. Junior was our server and was helpful, friendly, and efficient. Suggestion was made about the Prime Rib Special on Sunday only and what a good one! The prime rib was done perfectly and came with a side, a salad and a dessert. They even offered to split the salad for us. Just couldn't have asked for a better situation. What a happy Mother's Day and what a lovely place to celebrate it! It's not the cheapest place in town but you definitely get what you pay for.

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!