“Decent Sandwich in a Fun Place”
Review of FoodHeads

FoodHeads
Ranked #594 of 3,742 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Description: FoodHeads is an Austin original featuring wholesome & fresh sandwiches, soups, salads, breakfasts and more. Freshly baked breads are delivered to FoodHeads daily from local bakeries and we use only the finest quality deli meats and cheeses. Our soups, salads, and sides are all handmade from scratch. We pack our own pickles, bake our own beans, and make our own mustard. Simply put, it doesn't get any fresher. If you're looking for a new breakfast spot, check us out. Start your day off right with specialty coffee, breakfast tacos, egg scrambles and sandwiches, enjoying it all either inside or out on our outdoor patio. Have an event coming up? Leave it to FoodHeads for full service catering including venue rental, bartending, and box lunches. Ask us today how we can make your gettogether a delicious success. FoodHeads has been making sandwiches in Austin for over 20 years! We keep it fresh, clean and local.
Austin, Texas
“Decent Sandwich in a Fun Place”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to Foodheads several times, and I've enjoyed it every time, but I've never loved it. The ambiance is great, it can get a little hot outside depending on the time of year but that's typical of outside dining in Austin.

I've often been here with vegetarians, and I've always found there to be extensive options for vegetarians and carnivores alike. I've tried several different sandwiches ( both veg and non-veg), and I've never had a bad one.

I personally think it's a little expensive for what you get, but not outrageously so. And I also think the setting is pretty cool and worth paying a bit more for.

As noted earlier, I've been here multiple times, and I will definitely go again in the future. The sandwiches are tasty enough, but not outstanding to the point that Foodheads would make my "must try" list for Austin.

Visited August 2014

Waldo, Wisconsin
“Great little restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived in Austin on a Friday evening and after traveling a good majority of the day, and not having any real food since breakfast, I told my daughter who lives there, to pick a place with real, good food, but casual-- sandwiches or simple entrees and the like. FoodHeads it was, and Great Choice!!

The restaurant is in a converted house in a nice neighborhood in central Austin with outdoor and indoor seating. We were a party of five and ordered the beef & brie, apple pork, and chicken special sandwiches, and I ordered the crab cakes. The service was good, and the food was great-- really hit the spot. Tasty and filling, but not so overly stuffed that we didn't have room for dessert. Pastry bread pudding with sugar cane rum sauce (they use their day old croissants and bakery for the bread pudding instead of tossing them :) ) and key lime pie. They were both awesome-- we ended up sharing them around the table so everyone could have a bit of heaven to end of their meal.

Beverages were serve yourself with choices from canisters of two kinds of tea, water, lemonade and a couple more options. Prices were definitely fair and reasonable. We actually liked it enough to have lunch here on the last day of our vacation. Again, the food just really hits the spot. Will definitely go back on future trips to Austin.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

somewhat hard to find the location but once there, they have a great selection of sandwiches which are done on a multigrain bread that is perfect for sandwiches. We had the pulled pork and the pastrami sandwiches which were great. The pastrami was a bit tough and the potato salad side was lacking in flavor. I would go for the cole slaw side next time. Restaurant is situated in an older home on 34th street with various mixed tables and outdoor seating as well. Parking is a bit of a problem as you have to find a parking place on 34th which runs in front of the restaurant.
But, it was a good lunch choice..

• Visited July 2014
Texas
“good sandwiches and generous portions”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped by for lunch on a Saturday and were very pleased with the food. They offer interesting combinations of meats, cheeses, and veggies on their salads as well as soups and salads.

We ordered their beef and brie sandwich, a salami sandwich, and a pork tenderloin sandwich. All three were large enough to be a filling lunch, but the beef and brie was loaded with so much delicious beef it was nearly too fat to fit into a human mouth. All three sandwiches were tasty and it was no problem for them to omit certain sandwich ingredients that we didn't want. Considering the quality and quantity of the food, we think their prices are fair.

We'll definitely stop here again next time we're in Austin.

• Visited April 2014
CA
“Delicious sandwiches”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I had the chicken Caesar and my daughter had the Lami. Both were yummy and so fresh. Will return if we are ever back in austin.

• Visited April 2014