“Team wor lunch”

Ranked #152 of 3,683 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Tianjin
“Team wor lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Team lunch, food is good, service is good. Space is a little crawled. I had Steak Burrito, large quantity, just eat half of it.

Grant, Michigan, United States
“Best Mexican food we've eaten!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Were here from Michigan & this is our 2nd time dining at this Chuys when visiting Texas.
Both times have been very good.

Plan for a wait as it's always busy especially on weekends.

I had the Chicken Chuychanga plate. It was delicious, tender chicken inside & topped with cheese queso sauce.

My husband had the Chicken Enchilada plate. It was filled with chicken & yummy. Just the right kick to it.

Both plates were served with beans & rice.

We also each had frozen margaritas
Mine was mango & his was lime.
Our server forgot to bring them out timely. They were a little melted but we did not send them back. Still good drinks overall.

We always look forward to a Chuys stop!!

Gladstone, Michigan
“Fun Atmosphere. Friendly Service. Great Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We came with a hungry party of 7 late in the lunch hour during the week. My in-laws had been here before but this was my 1st time. We were all quite pleased with being seated immediately as well as being given a big serving of their tortilla chips and salsa! They were quite yummy and held us over while we looked at the menu and ordered. Our server was also great about taking the kids' orders right away and brought it quickly rather than waiting for the rest of us. They also provided them with crayons and paper!

I ordered tacos which came with rice and beans (unadventuresome? perhaps. But I LOVE tacos!). I was not disappointed as they were very yummy. My 2 1/2 year old thought to as well so I actually only ended up with 1 taco as she ate my others. (good thing I like rice and beans!). My husband and other family members loved their food as well. And my husband's margharita was also very good.

I would easily come back here!

Visited February 2014
Windsor, California
“Fun place but VERY loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

On the plus side: Colorful and fun, with a large menu. If you are a meat eater and like fried food, you'll find plenty to choose from. I'm not into meat/cheese/fried, so very few options for me. But, I had the veggie burrito without the cheese and it was fine. The waiter was very friendly and efficient. The restaurant was busy and very loud. I was at a small table with a friend and we had a really hard time hearing each other, so tough place if you want to converse with your companions.

Visited February 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent service, but average food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I visited Chuy's in January 2014 with a friend for dinner while visiting Austin for the first time. Chuy's came highly recommended. First impression was very good. We were greeted immediately with a friendly smile and seated on the outdoor patio. The server was also very friendly and drinks were in hand quickly. I usually ask about the "local favorite" and the server recommended the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom which my friend ordered. I took a different approach and ordered the Comida Deluxe, but changed one of the sauces to the Boom Boom house specialty. We ordered the Appetizer Plate with different items and sauces which were unique, but nothing to write home about. Main dishes arrived quickly and were also the same, good but certainly not interesting. The Boom Boom sauce was the biggest disappointment, as it was lacking on both flavor and heat. Unfortunately, nearly everything we ordered was covered in it. I do have to say however that the service was perfect from start to finish. Our drinks never went empty and the food was served quick and hot. I would certainly go back with my local friends if invited, but would likely look for another "Tex Mex" option the next time I am in Austin traveling alone.

• Visited January 2014