“Very Good Mexican”

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our several families ate at the original Chuy's on Barton Springs...highly recommended by my brother-in-law...very good Mexican cuisine...great place to dine...seems to be a favorite with the locals (we are out of towners). The family loved the cream jalapeno dip so much we bought a quart to go and took it back to my sister's place...ate it with just about everything.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We used to go here often although we haven't been here in about a year. I always get the same thing,so I noticed it wasn't as before. The portions were smaller, the charro beans were cold and the rice was clumpy. The place was so loud we could not talk to each other. We used to bring our out of town guests here and have a nice dinner and conversation. Even the guest we had with us complained that they never want to go there again. And there was a 30 minute wait on a Tuesday night at 7:30pm.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great food if you like tex-mex style. Good, friendly service. Such a cool place with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Was short in time and needed a quick dinner. Chuy's was perfect, I sat at the bar and the waitress was perfect. She knew I was in a hurry and help get my dinner quickly. The food was awesome and they have a green sauce that is great. Plan to come back when I have more time to explore the menu.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Another great meal! Delicious queso, taco beef, and salsa while waiting to be seated. Stacked blue corn tortillas- chicken enchiladas were mouthwatering. Understand the draw to be full most nights! Still great food after all these years in business with many locations!!!