“Good but service was indifferent at best”

Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,026 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped by for dinner on a business trip. Sat at the bar. Asked for a food menu. It was grudgingly granted. Got my drink order (mediocre take on a Mai Tai). Waited. Waited. Finished my drink. Waited waited. 10 mins before I was asked if I wanted another. Keep in mind I was at the bar so it wasn’t like I was out of their sight. It wasn’t super busy. I was able slap a good order onto my second drink order. The second drink was better and the food was on the verge of rating 5 stars. Settled on 4 stars. The ambiance (good live music) and decor and maybe the food was 5 Star. The service was 3 Star. Would give them a second try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for the end of stone crab season but ended up having steak and lobster. The food was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. The service was excellent. We're looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was dying for some fresh seafood/oysters so talked a friend and hubs into going to Truluck's Downtown. All our apps and meals were very fresh, and we all totally enjoyed the food and the great view from the restaurant's second floor dining room. Great experience and we'll definitely go back again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Austin is well known for its laid back attitude and the food trucks to go with it. And, those food trucks often offer some exceptional fare...high quality, progressive and tasty. But sometimes you want to go to a great restaurant...something with just enough attitude and amplitude to feel like you are doing something special but not something you regret when you see your credit card receipt.

Trulucks downtown Austin is remininscent if classic seafood / steakhouses, with a classy presentation, impeccable service, high quality eats and style that makes it feel special without being pretentious.

You will pay for that specialness, but you won’t regret it. Get a window table upstairs for a beautiful view on the city, even if you are only one flight up.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Truluck's Seafood is a regular stop for our visiting business guests. The food is great, service is great. Crab Claws on Monday is a "must have".

Been to Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown? Share your experiences!