“Great place”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Live Jazz. We arrived with reservations but my wife and I like to sit at the bar. We got great service and the food was amazing. We came back two night later with a group of 5. They were really busy and they forgot us for a little. They did comp us some oysters. We enjoyed dinner never the less.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,001)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The petite filet with the peppercorns sauce is divine. Must they the crabmeat fried rice and the potatoes. Extensive wine selection.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Having done the tour of 6th street downtown which was forgettable, we ended up at Eddies on Sunday evening. We had planned to go to Vince Young’s steakhouse which was closed sundays. Great atmosphere with live music. Sat at the bar with great late night happy hour till 9pm. Try the lobster mash. Will certainly visit again on next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I've been going to Eddie V's for years. The simple review (to save you time) is that the food is excellent, and the service goes hand in hand with the food. My only real complaints are small ones:

1) I was a little turned off by their valet outside that left a bad taste in my mouth the last trip I was there (he probably isn't even employed by the restaurant)
2) I'd like to see a better variety of specials for when I visit.

These are small complaints. There are two locations. One is downtown in the heart of the old district of Austin, and the other is out by the Arboretum. Nice locations and good food. Get the wild mushroom salad if you're looking for a good, tasty alternative to steak. It's wonderful. Great date location as well. My wife loves it and she has us head over at least a few times a month.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This has become one of my favorite locations for dinning. The service can only be equaled if not exceeded by the quality of the meal and the talent in preparation. From beginning till the final bite it was a journey of delight. The family felt the same and enjoyed all!!

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!