“Always good”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University of Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is an Austin mainstay. It's on the other side of town (east) from me, but I know when we're trying to think of a restaurant - something fresh and different than where "we always go" this is usually on our list. Great place to take guests from out of town. Have their own gardens that fill their menu.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Three of us ate at this cute little place. We all got different appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and they were all really really good. I had a great roasted beet salad. One of us had a special - chicken and mushroom curried crepes - and said it was delicious. I had the grilled meatloaf with a spicy tomato sauce - just what I wanted for the evening. And our third person had a beef special - tenderloin. He said it was much better than another far more expensive restaurant we visited earlier. For dessert we had a brownie sundae, a special blueberry crumble, and chess pie - which brought back memories of my childhood - but this was actually much better. It was covered with juicy fresh strawberry slices. We each had a glass of wine and split the bill 3 ways. I think that our total, without the tip, was under $40 each! Such a deal! I want to go there again if I'm in Austin again.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

They use fresh herbs and vegetables from the back-yard garfen, and you can eat small or medium portions.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

The fresh ingredients make each dish special. I love the catfish and the artichoke manicotti is out of this world!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I went to Austin for the weekend and had dinner with some friends who recommended the restaurant. We had grilled okra and braked brie for apps - the okra was fresh from the garden and very tasty. For my meal, I had the fried shrimp with a mango puree type of sauce for dipping - very tasty! I also chose to have bake acorn squash with a soy-ginger sause - delicious. And dessert can't be missed. The table shared the special of the night, the blueberry cobbler and a chocolate brownie with espresso and caramel sauce. I will definitely recommend this place to friends who visit and come back myself when I'm in town.