“Great Food and Drinks before a show”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We had drinks and dinner here with a friend before we went to a show next door.
My friend and I split the half chicken. It came with green beans and a stuffing. All were excellent and very tasty. My husband had the burger. WOW, what a burger. It was huge with several different toppings. He ordered it medium rare, which came out perfect.
The next time we are in the neighborhood I would not be surprised if we go here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at the Roaring Fork in Austin, TX. We were celebrating our 45th Wedding Anniversary and wanted to dine somewhere special. With the help of TripAdvisor we found this wonderful Restaurant in downtown Austin! The service was excellent, the atmosphere was terrific, and the food was superb! The staff went out of the way to make this a special evening. I highly recommend this fine restaurant to any one looking for that "Special" evening!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went with a friend for a casual lunch. The waiter was dead on with his recommendations, and everything was excellent. During lunch they can be a little crowded, but that's to be expected, as it's very close to the Capitol. Highly recommend this for business lunches or couples. Not for children.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Having viewed the amazing bats swarming over the Colorado River at dusk, having walked the length of Congress Street from the river toward our car, and feeling a bit peckish, my wife and I peered into the main dining room of Roaring Fork Restaurant in Austin, Texas. The name sounded "inexpensive," but the tablecloths and low-lit stone fireplace looked "very expensive" to me. Not knowing whether we would get back to Austin, we ventured in and were met and served by very friendly wait staff. We decided to share one steak dinner,one salmon dinner, and an order of asparagus. Everything was cooked to perfection, the presentation was impeccable, and the portions were just right. The wine glasses were amply filled, and the apertifs were superb. Nothing could have been better, and we went back to our modest motel completely satisfied by our delightful evening in Austin.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, friendly staff and great prices what else can you ask for?! I will def be back soon!!!#

Been to Roaring Fork? Share your experiences!