“Great Deal”

Neighbourhood: South Austin
Austin, Texas
“Great Deal”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Souper Salad is a great deal. Lots of variety. Many choices. You will leave satisfied. Food is tasty but I am not certain how healthy the food is. When there, I eat items that I would not normally eat and I have my concerns about how healthy some of the dishes and items are. There are usually four different types of soups but often most of them are complicated. They try to make them too fancy sometimes. I would prefer just a simple vegetable or chicken noodle.

Souper Salad offers a senior dis count.

Visited November 2013

Cabo San Lucas
“Clean, Friendly, and Fresh”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I love salads and decided to give Souper Salad another try. I am so glad we chose this one! The salad ingredients were plentiful and fresh. This particular location was exceptionally clean and while it was extremely busy at lunch time, the staff was attentive, prompt and pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank cabowife
Austin, Texas, United States
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I were nostalgic for California's Fresh Choice restaurants and found this place. NO! Not clean, poor choices in food and my husband got very ill.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ponysparkle
Spicewood, TX
“Pitiful”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We've dined here a few times before when the wife wanted a salad. I've never been impressed, but the place was always barely adequate.

Last night was awful. They did not have broccoli and only had chopped tomatoes. I prefer cherry tomatoes. Their salad dressings are not good; they never have vinaigrette so I have to request it. It's edible, but not that impressive.

The only onions that were available were red onions. I am an onion lover, but I do not care for red onions. They are overused, primarily because they 'present' better. But their flavor can't match a good, sweet yellow onion. The onions this evening were so hot I had to dig all of them out of my salad before I could eat it. The olives are cheap and tasteless.

We tried every soup and they were all either bland or overspiced. Neither of us could eat more than one bite. The chili was full of cumin; that's all you could taste. There was some kind of Italian chicken soup and all you could taste was oregano.

The gal who works there is tremendous. She always tries her best and is very attentive. She received a good tip, but my tip to you is: stay away.

• Visited February 2013
Austin
“Past its time”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Too many places have great Salads these days, Souper Salads has become a type of yucky buffet like golden corral witout the meat.

Visited July 2012

Been to Souper Salad? Share your experiences!