“The best french food in Austin!”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Close to Lake Travis. Our friend (Carla) recommended this place. She said the food was amazing. Agree with her. They have a patio outside with a swing and food gardening so cute.
Appetizer, Entrée and dessert for around $55 each and $75 with wine.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I dined here with a party of eleven to celebrate a graduation. Despite the large size of our party, the service and food were excellent. The place is known for serving unusual meats - elk, quail, boar, venison, rattlesnake, bison, etc but do not be put off. The varied entrees we all ordered were excellent. All eleven of us loved our meals - a rare event for our family. They also have two tasting menus that are very good and reasonably priced. The items are all pricy - but worth it.

My pate de fois gras appetizer and elk strip entree were memorable. My wife' crusted trout was also fantastic. Drinks and dessert were excellent - my chocolate-dipped pecan turtle pie was great. The service was also prompt and efficient. My water glass was never empty and used plates and utensils were promptly cleared.

I can strongly recommend this restaurant and would certainly go again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was searching around sorta last minute for a place to go for Mothers Day brunch and was surprised to see Hudson's had availability. The menu was not surprising or original by any standards. They tend to stick to their core basics....but why would you mix things up if the core is so good? Espresso-Chocolate-chili rubbed smoke Elk back strap? Sounds like too much, but the mix of flavors was perfection and did not take away from that light gaminess in the elk meat. My wife had the pecan smoked duck breast shingled with diver scallops. The scallop added a fatty component to the overall texture and taste. Pheasant roll, fried green tomatoes and rattlesnake as appetizer. Only disapointment was the rattlesnake, only becuase it could have been anything. I like to really know what I am eating by the texture and the original flavor. We will be back!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wonderful from ambiance to the delicious meal! Great Lake Travis area venue. Parking tho can be a problem but is not a negative.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

i liked the duck and had the venison trio w mashed potatoes very small portions very expensive but meal was great.