“OurNumber 1 favorite restaurant in Austin”
Review of Hudson's on the Bend - CLOSED

Hudson's on the Bend
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
texas
“OurNumber 1 favorite restaurant in Austin”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Jose's just got replaced. Hudson's on the bend was phenomenal. Their dishes are creative, interesting, and delicious. Of all the places we have visited in Austin, I think this restaurant offers the best of what Texas cuisine can be. First of all, what restaurant can go wrong that has their own extensive herb garden right outside the door in their patio area? We started our meal with a rattlesnake cake, something akin to a crab cake but different flavor and loaded with herbs. My husband had the mixed grill which was a variety of the game they offered. I stayed with the elk which by far was the winner of the night!! The elk was perfectly prepared and was just phenomenal. Our waiter said they change their menu seasonally so it only means we MUST RETURN. They also have a great wine menu to pair with their dishes. They offer tasting menus but since we were focused on the game we opted to choose our own entrees. This place is a must see. BTW, this is not a budget meal so bring your platinum card!

• Visited June 2014

Sulphur, Louisiana
“"The Something Unique Place to Dine"”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I enjoyed the evening with friends and colleges hosted by three manufacturers. There was plenty of room set aside for 32 of us that enjoyed a trio of appetizers that included rattle snake stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped duck breast skewers, and their crunchy shrimp all served with their own special sauce and all were extremely good. Of those setting close to me we had fillet minion, crunchy Trout, Elk back strap, and Duck breast with scallops. All were cooked to perfection with portions that were filling and enjoyable after the mixed green salad enjoyed by everyone. I would highly recommend anyone looking for that different place to eat to enjoy this place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DBPatrick
Houston, Texas
“The best french food in Austin!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Close to Lake Travis. Our friend (Carla) recommended this place. She said the food was amazing. Agree with her. They have a patio outside with a swing and food gardening so cute.
Appetizer, Entrée and dessert for around $55 each and $75 with wine.

• Visited May 2014
Lewisville, Texas
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I dined here with a party of eleven to celebrate a graduation. Despite the large size of our party, the service and food were excellent. The place is known for serving unusual meats - elk, quail, boar, venison, rattlesnake, bison, etc but do not be put off. The varied entrees we all ordered were excellent. All eleven of us loved our meals - a rare event for our family. They also have two tasting menus that are very good and reasonably priced. The items are all pricy - but worth it.

My pate de fois gras appetizer and elk strip entree were memorable. My wife' crusted trout was also fantastic. Drinks and dessert were excellent - my chocolate-dipped pecan turtle pie was great. The service was also prompt and efficient. My water glass was never empty and used plates and utensils were promptly cleared.

I can strongly recommend this restaurant and would certainly go again.

Visited May 2014
Austin
“Rivals any great restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was searching around sorta last minute for a place to go for Mothers Day brunch and was surprised to see Hudson's had availability. The menu was not surprising or original by any standards. They tend to stick to their core basics....but why would you mix things up if the core is so good? Espresso-Chocolate-chili rubbed smoke Elk back strap? Sounds like too much, but the mix of flavors was perfection and did not take away from that light gaminess in the elk meat. My wife had the pecan smoked duck breast shingled with diver scallops. The scallop added a fatty component to the overall texture and taste. Pheasant roll, fried green tomatoes and rattlesnake as appetizer. Only disapointment was the rattlesnake, only becuase it could have been anything. I like to really know what I am eating by the texture and the original flavor. We will be back!

• Visited May 2014