“Very Pleasant Experience - Wonderful Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin NW - Arboretum Area
Ranked #47 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this location on two different days during our vacation in Austin, April 6 and 10th, and on each occasion, Travis greeted us warmly and efficiently. Having someone like Travis at the front desk made our stay so much better because he went above and beyond. He greeted us each time with recognition of our HI membership status and provided us with information on restaurants and directions around the area. Here's an example where he went beyond: For each restaurant recommendation, he printed out the directions and map and had them ready upon our departure for dinner.

We will definitely return to this Holiday Inn as it is close to the expressways, is absolutely clean, and is so close to shopping/dining. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and we heard no noise whatsoever. In addition, the beds were comfy. Thanks to the staff and management.

Room Tip: Away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrs1140
Zona S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin NW - Arboretum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for not only staying with us once but then again on your way home. We couldn't be more pleased with Travis, it was a very happy day to have him come join our team.

We love our guests and being here for them so it is especially great to hear back from you.

Thank you for the kind words and taking time to share.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin NW - Arboretum Area

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My church group had a conference on the NW side of Austin. tripadvisor helped pick the hotel for the stay and it was right on.Holiday inn Express Suites Austin NW Arboretum is New.Clean, Wonderful Beds.Quiet.Good Breakfast. and just one night,but huge comfortable room.I would easily stay longer Stayed for a conference nearby.Staff quite friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My sisters and I came to Austin, TX for my sisters 50th birthday. So we were hoping to have an exceptional and memorable time and that we did. From the time that we walked in the door at the Holiday Inn Express we were met with a wonderful and warm greeting from Travis and Corbin. They were both pleasant and knowledgeable about things in the area and what we were looking for. When we came in later that day and the remaining days of our trip we were greeted warmly by Travis, Kolter, Corbin and Lupe. Most definitely I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone asking for accommodations in the Austin, TX area. The hotel is perfectly located from things in the area but what will keep me coming back is the GREAT customer service extended to us from the hotel staff! All I can say, is keep up the great work and look forward to coming back for a visit. Oh yes, one more thing it's beautiful, the rooms, beds, bathroom, lounge area spotless! Comfortable, clean and bright! The Banks Sisters (Merl, Lisa and Jasmine)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 690jasmineb
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great location, great staff, clean and quiet. Very new hotel which made it nice. Had two rooms for a week. We were close to everything. The young man at the front desk was always pleasant and I noticed he worked quite a few hours. He still made a point to give excellent service with a smile. I had only one issue and that is the televisions are on high tables. The remote does not work very well if you are in bed. I would have to lift my arm to make the remote operate. Not a big deal but a little annoying.

Room Tip: We stayed in this hotel from 4/17 through 4/21. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The rooms a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank burkIN
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was a guest at the Holiday Inn Express located at 10711 N Research Blvd. in Austin from 2/18/14 - 2/21/14. From the time that I checked in to the time I checked, the entire staff made me feel right at home. Their customer service and posititive attutudes were nothing short of outstanding. Before I left, I did get their names and I would like to recognize them personally and UI will trust that their management will also recognize them as well. This will definitely be my hotel choice anytime I'm in Austin. The staff members are: Travis, Tona, Victoria and last, but certainly not least.....Adam!! Great Job Everyone!!!!!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank keith m
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just spent two weeks at this wonderful new hotel and can't say enough about how great it was!! The staff is friendly, fun, helpful and hardworking! The hotel is kept very clean with comfortable rooms, a business center, exercise room and a great pool and wonderful patio furniture! The staff here pay attention to details and work hard to make sure that your every need is met and they all do it with great smiles and upbeat attitudes! Cindi and her housekeeping staff are just the best and Adam makes the happy hour fun and also takes care of you behind the desk along with Travis, Blake and Lupe! Travis gave us so many great suggestions for restaurants and area attractions and everyone made us feel more like family than just guests in a hotel. Every need or request is met with a smile and a quick resolution. Thanks to Zona for checking on us and for hiring and managing an awesome staff!!! Everyone at this location (we missed some names) goes above and beyond their expected duties. We also loved the location, close to two major freeways, and tons of great shopping and restaurants! We highly recommend this hotel, if you are in the Austin area (or passing through), you will not be sorry if you choose this hotel. We are coming back on business in a little over a month and will most certainly be staying here and will continue to do so on any future visits.

Room Tip: Pool and hot tub with awesome patio furniture, BBQ grills and even very nice washers and dryers if y...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rsnewhall
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I checked in 2/15/2014 Travis was our guest Rep and was very accommodating and helpful. He had a great attitude and made me feel very comfortable and at home during my stay. Im one of those girls who is always in a hurry and i tend to forget to pack important little things . That was not a problem this time because i had Travis. I bugged him plenty of times for all my silly stuff i require and he accommodated promptly with a smile. I never once even got the usual annoyed look i usually get from the hotel staff with all my request and questions i usually berated on the front desk rep he was just a joy. and made my stay awesome so THANK you Holiday Inn Express and Travis !!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family