“Filled the Hunger” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: South Austin
Houston, Texas
“Filled the Hunger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Typical chain, atmosphere is forced, but ok. The steaks are good, but not great. Prices could be better, but wait staff was very friendly. These type of places a ok until they get slammed with people then it turns ugly real quick. Fortunately my visit did not.

Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Good filet, good baked potato”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

For a chain steakhouse, this was very good. Doesn't rate up there with Ruth's Chris, but we had very good steaks, baked potato, and spicy Ceasar salad. It was only a few blocks from our hotel . . . that's why we chose it. There wasn't anything disappointing about the meal or the wait staff. I would eat there again.

Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Good food at fair prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I enjoyed been there, Friendly bartenders, food was very good.
Best time to go it is on Friday, where a nice crowd of people is aroung. Service more fast

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Carlos I
Austin, Texas
“Still a great place to dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We went with some friends to this TLC location last night for a birthday dinner. We were seated immediately in a clean booth that had plenty of room for four adults. Our server arrived within seconds and took our drink orders. We had been here many times before but after they discontinued their buckets of peanuts, we began to frequent another restaurant in South Austin. I am glad we came back here for a change of pace.

Our drinks came within minutes and the wine was excellent and the pours were ample. We ordered our meals and I chose the 9 ounce filet, my wife picked the 11 ounce rib eye and our two friends chose the nightly special, smoked sirloin and grilled shrimp. Bread was delivered piping hot and tasty. For salads, we chose the iceberg wedge with bleu cheese dressing and our friends had the spicy Caesar. Both were fresh and very good.

Our entrees arrived in warm plates and everything looked good. My filet was a true medium, tender and juicy. The rib eye was fine and the smoked sirloin was lean and cooked just right. The shrimp were grilled to perfection. All in all, an enjoyable meal with enough food to require a take away container.

The dining area was not crowded, pleasingly illuminated and clean. All of the staff we came into contact with were very curteous and friendly.We will return and I recommend this TLC without any caveats. Give it a try!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had their signature sirloin and it was cooked to my perfection. The mushrooms were very good. The wait staff was extremely friendly and the manager stopped by twice to make sure I was having a good experience. I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2013

Been to Texas Land & Cattle Steak House? Share your experiences!