“Slow Waitress”

Neighbourhood: South Austin
Portland, Texas
“Slow Waitress”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I called in my order to go. I was told it would be ready in 20 minutes. I got there at 30 minutes to ensure they would be ready. The bartender was not in a hurry to take care of me. When she did acknowledge me, she said my order wasn't ready. I waited 20 minutes. She would glance over at me and then walk away. The gentleman sitting at the bar on my left had an empty beer glass and wanted her to give him another. Since she wouldn't come over, he decided he was done as well. The food was excellent though.

Visited May 2014

Austin, Texas
“Consistently bad To Go food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I'm not sure why the South Mopac location has such a hard time with to go orders. I ordered their new FM 290 grilled chicken salad and it was terrible. No avocado, no cotija cheese and the chicken was awful. They used to slice a chicken breast and have it separate from the salad. Now they use thin chicken slice like the pre packaged ones in the store and toss a few on top of the salad. Also, the salad got more expensive and smaller. I've given them so many chances to get their orders right. I've always contacted the manager, but now I'll just be putting out reviews. Don't waste your money.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Filled the Hunger”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Typical chain, atmosphere is forced, but ok. The steaks are good, but not great. Prices could be better, but wait staff was very friendly. These type of places a ok until they get slammed with people then it turns ugly real quick. Fortunately my visit did not.

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good filet, good baked potato”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

For a chain steakhouse, this was very good. Doesn't rate up there with Ruth's Chris, but we had very good steaks, baked potato, and spicy Ceasar salad. It was only a few blocks from our hotel . . . that's why we chose it. There wasn't anything disappointing about the meal or the wait staff. I would eat there again.

Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Good food at fair prices”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I enjoyed been there, Friendly bartenders, food was very good.
Best time to go it is on Friday, where a nice crowd of people is aroung. Service more fast

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Carlos I

Been to Texas Land & Cattle Steak House? Share your experiences!