“Great Texas BBQ bar none!”
Review of Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I use to live in Austin. Whenever we fly back to visit family, our tradition is to stop here for lunch first. The BBQ is absolutely amazing and so are the sides. I usually get brisket. My husband gets a combo plate with brisket and sausage. We have noticed that the food has changed a little bit which is why we didn't give it five stars but it's still better than anything we have in Florida. During the week this place gets pretty packed during the lunch hour. Plan on waiting in line a little but it's well worth it. The employees/owner are always delightful too welcoming you with a big Texas smile. We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Mann's Smokehouse brags about their place in the "Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints" published by Texas Monthly magazine. My first visit, on a Monday at lunchtime, was not impressive. The pulled pork was average, the sides pretty good and the home made brownie was outstanding. Feeling that I had not seen their best offering, I visited again the following Friday, again at lunch, and had a chopped beef sandwich plate. Somewhat better in flavor than the pork, the beef again did not rise to the occasion. However, the home made ice cream was a very nice touch. Prices are slightly high for serving size and average flavor. Starting mid-June, the restaurant will be open Monday - Friday, closed on weekends. In barbecue country, Mann's offers a very mild experience in comparison to many others.

Reviewed 26 August 2008

THE BEST PERIOD!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 22 December 2007

not the best, but they got good BBQ

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook