“Good BBQ, Hard by the highway”
Review of Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue, Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good BBQ, Hard by the highway”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped at mann's on our way from the airport to our hotel for some late BBQ lunch. We arrived about 2 pm, and they were out of beef ribs, turkey, and chicken. No worry, they had plenty of brisket, pork ribs, and sausage.

I had one of there lunch specials, a baked potato stuffed with chopped brisket in BBQ sauce, with a side and tea for $7. While not classic Texas BBQ, it was excellent. My coworker had another one of their lunch specials that included pork ribs, and a brisket sandwich, with sides for about $10.

Overall, the food was quite good and very reasonable priced. The employees were also very friendly and were happy to help us navigate their specials and chances to get a free meals (trivia questions, etc...).

• Visited September 2013

Austin
“Go only if you are looking to spend too much”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This place used to be packed for lunch but sadly not any longer. I had a craving for one of their sausage links and went to get one, to go. They are big links, like doulbe and about 8" long. I asked for half a link by the pound. Half a sausage link by the pound came to $9.99. THe going price for the same thing at top notch BBQ places in Austin is half that price, even a little less. Now I know why the place is empty. The person selling it to me said that it was because of the quality of meat they use. I call B.S. They are raising their prices and their customers are going elsewhere. This is really sad, I used to be a big fan.

• Visited October 2012
Florida
“Great Texas BBQ bar none!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I use to live in Austin. Whenever we fly back to visit family, our tradition is to stop here for lunch first. The BBQ is absolutely amazing and so are the sides. I usually get brisket. My husband gets a combo plate with brisket and sausage. We have noticed that the food has changed a little bit which is why we didn't give it five stars but it's still better than anything we have in Florida. During the week this place gets pretty packed during the lunch hour. Plan on waiting in line a little but it's well worth it. The employees/owner are always delightful too welcoming you with a big Texas smile. We highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
“BBQ OK, Comp dessert yummy”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Mann's Smokehouse brags about their place in the "Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints" published by Texas Monthly magazine. My first visit, on a Monday at lunchtime, was not impressive. The pulled pork was average, the sides pretty good and the home made brownie was outstanding. Feeling that I had not seen their best offering, I visited again the following Friday, again at lunch, and had a chopped beef sandwich plate. Somewhat better in flavor than the pork, the beef again did not rise to the occasion. However, the home made ice cream was a very nice touch. Prices are slightly high for serving size and average flavor. Starting mid-June, the restaurant will be open Monday - Friday, closed on weekends. In barbecue country, Mann's offers a very mild experience in comparison to many others.

• Visited June 2012