“Great family owned gem!”

Lotus Hunan Restaurant
Ranked #1,758 of 3,702 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
“Great family owned gem!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Loved the affordable lunch specials with a group of 6. Sesame chicken was crazy good. Soup and eggroll comes with the meal. Owned and operated by a super nice family. Nothing fancy inside, and it's hidden in a roadside mall. Check it out if you are in the Westlake area.

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Best Egg Rolls I've Eaten in a Long Time”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Although nearby, we'd never eaten here until I was hungry for chinese food, and our usual Chinese restaurant had closed. This was the closest place to eat Chinese food, and I was sorry we hadn't found it sooner. The wrap on the egg rolls was delicately thin and very crisp. So good! I had the chicken and almonds and can verify that it was delicious.

Visited December 2012
Houston
“Fantastic food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My family goes to Lotus every July when we pick up our son from a Hill Country Camp. Each year they provide terrific service and food to our extended family of 8. They have several large tables that are ideal for large groups. The lunch menu is surprisingly large and like most asian lunch spots is a good value. The portions were large.

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“EAT IN OR OUT THE LOTUS DELIVERS EITHER WAY!”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The Lotus is in a very central location in Westlake and although in a shopping strip, it is a delicious surprise. I live in the hill country and when I animale sit for my sister in Rollingwood, it is the one thing I really look forward to "Having Lotus" delivery...You call your order in and within the 40 minutes that you were given, you are opening fresh, hot smellalicious food...This evening I had "Mongolian Beef"spicy, white rice and an order of "Crab Rangoon" both were very good, the entree was tender, spicy and very flavorful. The app was crunchy with creamy crab bits...All deliscious...will definately re-order!

• Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“agree, hidden treasure.”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Nearing the end of our trip in Austin and wanted some Asian cuisine for dinner and while trying to find another restaurant on the GPS, stumbled upon this one circling around the area. Staff was incredibly friendly since we entered and continuously throughout our whole meal. The ordering part was a breeze with many selections and we didn't have to wait so long for the food. The food was definitely on point with generous portions especially with the shrimp which we all commented was hard to come by in most other restaurants. I'm hoping I could find a place just as good as this one in Houston...but would def. go back to Austin for another nice dinner here. (Family friendly)

• Visited December 2011

Been to Lotus Hunan Restaurant? Share your experiences!