“Great Bar”

US$25.00*
Austin and Texas Hill Country Small-Group Tour
Ranked #6 of 332 things to do in Austin
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I don't know why there isn't a separate heading for the bar--there should be. While the quality of both the Driskill Grill and 1886 Bakery has varied over time, the bar is always a rock-solid institution. Happy Hour prices are quite reasonable, and there is live music every night. No one has a bad time here.

1  Thank Lju3

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The story behind this hotel took us to this place. Kids were ready for a ghost haunt. Nice architectural design and old artifacts still are displaced.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very reasonable prices for such a famous landmark. Great place for a cool drink and a burger to escape from the hot sun for a while.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I didn't stay at the Driskill but like a lot of people went in to see the lobby. It is beautiful. The Driskill is the oldest hotel in Austin located on Brazos St.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel has a wonderful, warm ambiance. We went to the bar on the mezzanine, sat at the bar and had drinks and appetizers. The bar was large with lots of wonderful seating couches and easy chairs with coffee and side tables and lots of things to look at. The bartender was very attentive, explained what the liquors in the drinks were and when I didn't care for one, made me something else. All this when the bar was very full. We both chose different appetizers. I had buffalo chicken spring rolls and my friend had the brussels sprout hash. Both were to die for. The happy hour was very happy for both of us.

2  Thank 729Nancy

Been to The Driskill? Share your experiences!