“Beautiful place - lovely walks.”

Zilker Botanical Garden
Ranked #18 of 332 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Botanical Gardens includes 31 acres of land with plants that thrive in arid southwestern conditions.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were here for a wedding tea - lovely grounds with interesting trails. Great for walking with kids, for a peaceful contemplation (without the kids!).

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a lovely place to stroll about for an hour. Nothing particularly outstanding but very peaceful and lovely.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

A nice serene walk amid an otherwise busy city. I loved walking among the flowers and different areas just taking in the flowers and sights.
Wouldn't necessarily be a must do for me in Austin, but I definitely enjoyed it.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Garden is really beautiful and can be enjoyed at your leisure. There is such a variety of plants and wildlife to enjoy, all displayed in beautiful surroundings with ponds, streams and waterfalls. I really enjoyed the prehistoric area and the butterflies. The entrance fee is minimal so hurry and visit before they realize what the true cost of such beauty is. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. There is a nice gift shop and meeting rooms are available for business getaways or weddings/receptions.

1  Thank KillerB33
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I had been swimming at the Zilker Park and had seen the botanical garden entrance before we arrived at the Park. We decided to visit the garden after our swim and I am SO glad we did. I was expecting it to be a very small, quick visit but it was the complete opposite. It was so peaceful and beautiful with its winding turns and trails, you never know what you will walk up to! It was a lovely experience, my favorite part was the asian garden and the fairy notes left by young children! One should definitely visit this garden!!

2  Thank caitlinpow