“Great climb at Reimer's Ranch”

Texas Climbing Adventures
Ranked #20 of 111 Outdoor Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Texas Climbing Adventures was started in 1986 as Mountain Madness. We are the oldest and most experienced rock climbing school in Texas. Texas Climbing Adventures is the ONLY American Mountain Guide Association Accredited climbing school in Texas and one of only a few select guiding services in the United States to achieve this distinction! We also have AMGA Certified Single Pitch Instructors on our guide staff, as well as Wilderness First Responders. Texas Climbing Adventures is the gold standard when it comes to professional rock climbing instruction!
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I hired Texas Climbing Adventures to guide our group of 15 on a climb at Reimer's Ranch. This was my first time hiring his company--I've used others. John Deas gave us a great price from the beginning and his previous reviews were fantastic. Our group had people of varying abilities and ages. The day of the climb, We had 3 awesome guides from TCA. (John was with another group at E-Rock). We basically climbed in 3 different locations all day. The guides were very good in terms of safety (#1 concern always!!), training us and encouraging us to push ourselves. The only thing I would say is that if you have a big group, make sure you know what size shoes everyone needs--we were a little short on large sizes and some of the guys had to share (takes more time...) I would definitely use them again!!!

All reviews
"enchanted rock"
in 22 reviews
"rock climb"
"amazing experience"
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Enchanted rock is an awesome place for rock climbing and bouldering , and with the skill and guidance from Randy Judycki of Texas Climbing Adventure it made the experience even more exciting and challenging. My family and I are looking forward to climbing again in October.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was our first ever climbing experience and it was a blast. Who knew we had it in us! John met our family of four including our 14 and 10 year old girls at Milton Reimer Ranch for a day of climbing. He supplied all the equipment for the day and had all the ropes set up and ready to go for our adventure. We took it at our own pace with 4 different top rope climbs at different levels of difficulty. We learned so much about rock climbing and can't wait to do it again! John is a great instructor and extremely patient. Milton Reimer Ranch was a beautiful background for an awesome day of adventure.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This past Christmas my wife and I gave a family Christmas gift--rock climbing with Texas Climbing Adventures! Our children are 17, 15, and 11 (and my wife is 43 and I a young 42)! All 5 of us agreed that this was BY FAR the best Christmas gift ever!
John is not only highly skilled, but also extremely personable and a great, encouraging teacher--with emphasis on both safety and fun. My wife even said she wishes she'd taken this up 20 years ago. We are planning on taking more lessons from John and making rock climbing a part of our outdoor M.O.
Go climbing with Texas Climbing Adventures--it'll be a great adventure!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked a two day guided climb in the Austin area as a Christmas present for me and my 11 year old son and it was a great trip! John was a fantastic teacher and very professional as well as a really nice guy. You never know what you are going to get with an outdoor guide service, so I was very impressed when we showed up at our scheduled meet time at Reimer Ranch and John had already been there for at least an hour and a half getting ready for us. He had our shoes, helmets, and harnesses ready to go and had already set three different top ropes for us to get started on. Our second day began the same way at the Seismic Wall with John having already set some top ropes for us and had everything ready to go when we showed up. We made it through quite a few routes and John was always happy to scramble up and set new routes for us.

We were both first-time climbers and have already been to an indoor climbing gym since we returned home because of the great time that we had with John. We are hooked now and I fully intend to use Texas Climbing Adventures for more trips when we have a chance. We are especially looking forward to checking out their Enchanted Rock trip. My wife probably wouldn't let us go without her on that one, so it will probably be the four of us for that one. I truly can't say enough good things about our trip. It was a special time with my son that I will never forget and I thoroughly enjoyed John being a part of it.