“Almost like 5 stars!”

Super 8 Austin/Airport South
Ranked #72 of 199 Hotels in Austin
“Almost like 5 stars!”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I've gone to this hotel often whenever I'm in Austin. The comfortness of bed, cleaniness, and staffs are superb and top-notch. It feels like I'm in a luxury hotel without a bubbling tub.

Great WiFi service; I haven't gotten disconnected during videocalling or gaming. Excellent breakfast too; Not just cereal or waffles, they serve bacon, biscuits with sausages, eggs, yogurt, bagels, muffins, and much more.

You can request a down feather pillows for extra comfort as well!

Oh, that's not all! Free dessert during the evenings; it's a random lottery with the dessert as molten chocolate cake, fresh chocolate chip cookies, or what have you.

All that for an amazing price! What are you waiting for? Allright, I usually don't do a saleman pitch for anything but this one is a must!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Leixela
super83120, Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to write such a wonderful comment following
your stay to the Super 8 Austin Airport, South.
Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to the
appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and
appreciated.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Super 8 Austin Airport, South the next time you are in Austin, Texas. We look forward to your return

Sam Kumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We decided on this location because it was close to where we wanted to be, but there were a good number of other chains that were of equal distance with similar amenities. We went with this Super 8 because the reviews were amazing and I really wanted to see if it was all true. It was absolutely a 'home away from home' - from check in to breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and we liked the addition of free in room snacks!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TXCaliTravelers
super83120, Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 17 April 2011

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We were simply amazed by the service, the cleanliness, the style, and all kinds of extras, which was above and beyond what you would expect at a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MaggieElle
super83120, Owner at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 17 April 2011

Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2011

As someone who thinks of Super 8 as places with mold & other such nonsense, I was hesitant to believe that this hotel could be so highly rated. It was great!

The rooms were very well kept, we even got free snacks. There were a variety of pillows in the room, along with microwave and fridge.

They also had Wii games for you to play, books you could borrow and a whole bunch of DVDs.

We were also able to catch a shuttle to the airport with ease.

The only drawback to the hotel us that it's not particularly close to downtown Austin, so you have to be prepared to drive out about 20 minutes.

Overall, great job Sam! You're hotel is awesome!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank MellowYellowTexas
super83120, General Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 17 April 2011

Vinton, LA
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This place even smells clean. Everywhere. That was the first impression on entering the property. Further inspection of the room revealed a well appointed, super clean situation. While the focus may be for business travelers, it is a welcome site for anyone looking for best value and a quality stay. These days, travelers are concerned with safety from infestations and disease. My first priorty regardless of the star rating or brand is cleanliness. I will strip a bed and inspect mattress and sheets before dragging my bags to the room. (This site was very much in order.)
Beyond that, everything was superb. There were complimentry snacks and water on the table and even a little stuffed bear on the bed to greet you. (Granted, it will cost you to take him home, but the friendliness of the gesture can't be overlooked.) The bathroom included all the standard amenities, but also had some reading material (for those extended stays) and I spotted a weight scale tucked under the vanity. (We were here for the culinary delights and a food and wine festival so it was not especially an item we intended to use except at the end of the trip to see how much pennance was needed.)
One other feature we found unique was a ceiling fan. First time I recall seeing one in any hotel room even high end.
Daily snacks and cookies and fruit in the evening in the lobby, a superior breakfast selection and a 24 hour on demand coffee brewing system with assorted coffee syrups. C'mon, are you sure this is a Super 8? Like many consumers, I have had a sterotyped image of the chain as cut rate, minimal quality. This place sets you on your heels.
Frankly, any commercial business activity that appears unclean, unorganized or inept is a result of poor management. The managers at this Super 8 surely have a system in place that impressed me.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kander007
Super8Austin, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary comment.
I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Super 8
Austin Airport, South the next time you are in Austin. We look forward to your return.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2011

First problem was the suttle was not able to pick me up so I had to take a cab (the hotel did pay for it). No Hot water.

I paid extra for a suite with a flat screen and a dvd player, TV is (still in the room) a 80's style rear projection TV and the dime store Sanyo DVD player does not work. When I called the front desk at 4AM since i could not sleep to ask for a working one I was told to wait till morning (I am checking out in the morning) So I went to the lobby to speak to the desk agent (Raj) and when I asked for a complaint form (the thing that shoul have let him know I wanted service) he said we don't have one. He did not ask if there was anything he could help with he just stood there doing nothing. I when back to the room to see what was on the TV and surprise the HBO listed in their TV listings is noting but snow.

Now when I used the PC in the room I was shocked to see there software profile remebered the last facebook users name and password. Good thing I did not log on to my bank!

Room was very tacky with Texas Longhorns stuff all over the place. The good news was the room was clean and the bed is good, too bad I am not tired and I wanted to use the dvd player I paid extra for!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PaulGar30196
We failed to respond to your comments regarding your stay at the Super 8 Austin Airport, South. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for a delay in responding to your comment.
I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Super 8 Austin Airport, South the next time you are in Austin. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Hey, it's Super 8-you usually know what you're going to get-good value, standard accommodations. Not here! First class all the way. Granite in the bath room, wi-fi for free, tasteful appointments in the room, exceptionally clean and freebies everywhere-a decent breakfast, treats for free in the room, and a nice staff. Very convenient to the airport, yet you don't here planes here. Easy to downtown-when I-35 isn't backed up-but there are alternate ways into town.

Save your money and spend it on food and drink instead!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gojayo
Super8Austin, Director of Sales at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this review, 2 April 2011
continue their efforts.