Super 8 Austin/Airport South
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$212
austinmotel.com
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$194
All reviewsjack in the boxlaundry basketdvd playeraustin airportyogurtcoffee machinebreakfast roomfree breakfastlittle touchestexas shaped wafflesbed was comfortablehot breakfastbottled waterfirst floorthe hotel is cleanwe've stayedwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Prior to my stay at this property, I probably haven't stayed in a Super 8 hotel in 20 or more years. I booked at this property because I was simply looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Austin before driving to Houston the next day. What I found instead was a gem. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and professional in checking me in. There was a minor hiccup with my reservation - something to do with a fax (who uses fax these days?) confirming my reservation from booking.com. This was sorted out in a few minutes. I had a coffee from the single-cup brewer (a nice touch) in the lobby while I waited briefly. The room was immaculate - I mean spotless. The common areas in the hotel were also very clean and tidy - no scuffs on walls, no spots on carpets. Clearly this property is well maintained.

Free internet worked well. I used the exercise room - small with three (four?) machines and no weights; but again very clean and all the machines worked. I also used the guest laundry facility - one washer ($1.50), one dryer ($1.50). I think laundry soap was $1.00. This room was also clean.

The included breakfast had good variety including some healthy options. There was actually an expresso machine!

The other aspect of the hotel I enjoyed was a bit of "zen" quality. For example, there was a flat-panel display in the elevator with inspirational messages. I small touch, but very unique and calming.

This property is not too far from the airport, but that also means it's on the outskirts of Austin. While there is a Jack-in-the-Box next door that is convenient, finding a healthy place to eat in the vicinity was a bit of a challenge.

I noticed that the hotel has several suites. I can't comment on what they are like, but suspect that for a family with children these could be great rooms.

Overall, this is a fabulous mid-price hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Illahee3103
Super8Austin, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for your comments following your stay at Super 8 Austin Airport, South. We appreciate your time and effort and will gladly welcome you back to our hotel on your next returning trip to Austin, Texas. Thank you.
Maya Kumar
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2012

One year prior to the F1 Grand Prix in Austin I booked this hotel for the Saturday evening - 2 rooms at a AAA rate. I specifically made the booking as soon as the date became available on the super 8 website and before the price gouging on hotels began. With confirmation in hand we were told at check in that our reservation had been cancelled. The hotel manager would not allow my husband to use the hotel phone to call Super 8 customer services to find out the reason. It turned out the hotel had cancelled the reservation that day - of course they had been able to resell these rooms at more than triple the cost of the rate I had originally booked. The hotel manager gave no explanation and no help in finding us other accommodation and no apology. The Super 8 customer services, however, when we called from our cell phone, did finally help us out and found a hotel a fewa miles away and eventually honored our original rate. SO WARNING - if there is an event in town - they might resell your room for more profit.

4  Thank Katytraveller
Super8Austin, General Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write the review. I am sorry you had problem with the reservation. You made your reservation in December 2011 and cancelled later in December 2011. When you arrived at the hotel in November 2012 you came with the reservation you made in December 2011 and but the fact you cancelled your reservation in later in December 2011.

Sam Kumar

Reviewed 27 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Austin, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Austin, General Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Austin, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Austin/Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012