“5-star in my book”

Ranked #73 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Singapore, Singapore
“5-star in my book”
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I love this place so much that I'm writing a review while still staying here...thanks to free internet for all guests. Add to that all the Starbucks coffee you can drink, sausage biscuits & waffles for breakfast, 52-inch TV & iPod player speakers in my room, super comfortable king-size therapeutic bed. And the owner, Sam Kumar, even picked me up from the airport as part of the flexible shuttle service. All this for $89.00 a night! Need I say more?

• Liked — Free internet, Free Starbucks coffee, Absolute value for money
  • Disliked — Small--ish bathrooms
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank AuntyJoJo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2008

We chose to stay at this Super 8 because of the reviews here on Trip Advisor. Great Advise! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. We stayed for one night as my son had to be downtown at 5:30 am. Later in the day as I was leaving the man at the counter asked what they could do to make it better. I couldn't think of a thing!

• Liked — New, clean, well-priced (AARP discount)
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Great place, very clean motel. Had everything we needed even those things we fogot. Staff was extermely helpful. This is your good clean basic motel room. Breakfast was nice and plentiful. Jack-in-the-box across the parking lot in-case you missed breakfast. They also do a coffee and desert bar from 6pm - 9pm. Good cookies and cakes to choose from. At this time you can pick a pillow (feather, neck roll...) if you would like. Rooms were very quiet. The staff was very accomodating, we did not arrive until 1am and slept until 11am. Nobody bothered us, not even housekeeping.

• Liked — Staff was so helpful
  • Disliked — Beds were a bit soft so you bounced around when you turned
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank cobaltshadow
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 29 July 2008

We stayed here for two nights, on our way to and from a stay in San Antonio. We love Austin and wanted to do some things there. We only slept and ate breakfast there. It was not a place we hung out at to relax.

The room was spacious, bathroom vanity was granite, tub/shower was not upscale (typical fiberglass unit), breakfast was more varied than any the typical cereal/ danish. ie. bacon, toast, yogurt, fresh waffles, starbucks machine for diff. coffees.

Water pressure was good and plenty of hot water for shower. A/c worked great. Bed was comfortable. Hotel was pretty quiet. Very quick drive to downtown and sixth street and surrounding area. Near where I-35 and Ben White (290) cross.

Stayed July 2008
sebrinab
Reviewed 24 July 2008

I researched this location and went back and forth because this was the first time I had used tripadvisor. I was in Austin for business but tend to be as miserly with my client's money as I am with my own. I was pleasantly suprised when I arrived. It is very close to the airport although you do have to do a u turn to get into the complex. The rooms were very pleasant. I recieved a gift bag with water and snacks (it was 100 and humid when I arrived). The hotel staff was very pleasant. Please note however. This is not a luxurous stay. When you first walk in it is like walking into your grandmothers house. It makes you comfortable enough to enjoy your stay while you are there. Yet, not so comfortable that you don't want to go home.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — The u turn to get in
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Schifferstadt
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We stayed at this motel for 1 night, it wasn't very cheap but it's worth every penny:
1: Cleanliness was very good
2: Service was very important to the staff, they helped immediately if you had a problem or a question
3: Free high speed internet access: not wireless but the cable was included in the room, so it was no problem and we finally could send some photos home
4: Microvawe and fridge which worked fine and were clean
5: great breakfast for free with everything you desire including starbucks coffee
6: free dessert in the evening (fresh fruits, cake, cookies and juice were offered
7: entertainment: Large TV with DVD player in the room and lots of DVDs in the lobby which you could borrow for free or Nintendo Wii in the lobby
8: pillows: there were all different kinds of pillows in the lobby of which you could choose one if you don't want the regular pillows

It was one of the best hotel experiences in our vacation and we would definately go there again! We have stayed in 5 star hotels before and know what we are talking about but if you go to a Super 8 Motel you don't expect this! It was really great! The only negative point I have to give them is that they don't have a swimming pool. But actually we didn't have time to go swimming anyway.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Let me start by saying this is not an average Super 8. I'm sure it's a lovely hotel chain, but this particular location had way more amenities than I would have ever imagined.

My first experience with the hotel was calling for the airport shuttle when I arrived in Austin. The young lady was very kind and arrived in about 5 minutes. The shuttle was clearly marked and very comfortable. My husband had arrived the night before. He said check-in was effortless.

The room was a little small, but we really only needed it for a place to lay our heads. There was a large tv, DVD and VHS player, as well as a microwave/fridge, and chair with an ottoman. The bed was excellent, nay, heavenly. They had a "pillow bar" where you could borrow/purchase special pillows (body, memory foam, mp3 hook-up, etc). We actually did rent (small fee) a couple of movies that they had at the front desk. They had an excellent selection of fairly new and family films. The hotel also shows two free movies each night.

There was reasonable space in the bathroom on the counter and the shower had excellent water pressure.

They had a little electronic massage chair in the lobby. It's a little 3-foot-tall thing, but it is great. They also had individually packaged ice cream for sale. Between 6 and 9 they had coconut cake and various cookies as well as some kind of crystal light type beverage for free.

I really liked the breakfast bar. It reminded me of a Hampton Inn spread, but with Texas shaped waffles. I was so pleased.

The hotel was immaculate and I didn't notice any smells or anything distasteful at all as did some other reviewer. There is a Jack In The Box restaurant in a shared parking lot. I loved it. We don't have J.I.T.B. where we live. They have great tacos and milkshakes.

I also think I need to add that, yes, you should probably have a GPS in Austin. There is a lot to find. I mention this because another reviewer said the hotel was in the middle of nowhere. In fact it was only minutes from the University/downtown area, shopping areas, and there are several dining options on the access road nearby. The location was great because if it had been downtown we would have been stuck in traffic for quite a while.

I can't think of anything negative about this hotel. I would most definitely stay here again. It was so convenient and well worth the money.

• Liked — Value and location.
  • Disliked — Room size
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple