We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights which is the longest stay we have had here so far. We are priority club members but couldn't get an upgrade to a view of the lake which was disappointing but the room we had was so comfortable, we didnt want to move if one were to become available. The room was quiet, clean, and the heater, which we needed unfortunately, worked perfectly. There was a refrigerator and microwave which are musts with a multi-night stay. The location and shuttle along with the wonderful staff are the reasons we would NEVER stay anywhere else!!
I will say that I find it very frustrating when you make reservations weeks and months in advance, as repeat customers that they cannot make an upgrade happen. That being said, we were there through New Year's Eve, so they were busy, and this has happened at other hotels and Holiday Inns as well.
Stella is our absolute favorite front desk girl anywhere, ever, and Troy in the bar is our favorite guy! They greet us when we come in or out like family, better than family! The front desk manager, her name I cannot remember, but the Charlie's Angel girl with me and Stella, was kind and warm too. Each shuttle driver was patient and helpful. Especially the new guy who was trying hard to earn his spot.
This hotel restaurant is amazing. There isnt anything on the menu that isnt delicious and professionally prepared. The food is always hot and tasty. Troy makes sure everything is just right. He is also great for things to do suggestions.
Our housekeeping service was kind and helpful as well.
This is by far one of my favorite places to stay in my favorite city away from home. Thank you for another great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Live Music Capital of the World!Stay at Austin s Holiday Inn Town Lake and experience the comfort of 321 guest rooms, most overlooking Austin s scenic Hike & Bike trail and Lady Bird Lake, plus 3400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting/banquet space. A 100% smoke free facility, we are centrally located on IH35 & Lady Bird Lake and offer complimentary shuttle service (based upon availability) to Austin downtown s major attractions such as Texas State Capitol, Austin Convention Center, the University of Texas, the world famous Sixth Street/Warehouse Entertainment Districts offering local favorite bands, clubs & restaurants, and Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).The Holiday Inn Town Lake captures Austin s unique flavor and atmosphere, with bike, Segway and kayak rentals in the lobby, complimentary media room offering free blockbuster movies, free Wi-Fi and complimentary garage and surface lot parking. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Pecan Tree Restaurant offers casual dining at affordable prices and enjoy your favorite beverage and appetizer in our Tavern Lounge and view one of our three large flat screen TVs! Re-energize in our 24 hour exercise facility and outdoor heated roof top pool, which is the perfect place in Austin to enjoy a burnt orange Austin sunset! The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers lots of services but our focus is to create a memorable experience at a reasonable price. Welcome to Austin and welcome to the Holiday Inn Town Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Austin Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake Texas