I booked this hotel on a third-party website with a quite appealing price. While this hotel is not really at the heart of downtown, its location in the proximity of the lady bird lake is still an advantage. The hotel is old, and in my opinion it is in a desperate need of renovation. We lived in the North Tower, and the room was facing south towards the lake. Since it was in August, we have to close the curtain, or otherwise the room is just getting too warm even if the air conditioner is working properly. Probably because of this, the room seems to have a funny smell which reminds me of mold. The bathroom space is quite limited. Even worse, the tower shelf was rusty, and we had to check carefully that the towels were not touching the rust. To make our stay more embarrassing, we were accompanied by a bunch of guests next door who were having a party till 4 am during the weekend. For the record, we were traveling with a 18-month old baby.
We decided to leave this property earlier even if we risked the penalty of not getting our money back for the rest of the stay. We were greeted by Shea, and explained our situation with her and kindly asked her if we could still get a refund for the unused days. She turned out to be sympathetic to our experience, apologized for the noise, and didn't hesitate to go to the manager for the refund. We were even got a discount in our breakfast and dinner bills. Shea is definitely one of the most hospitable person I've ever met.
I now have a mixing feeling about this hotel. While the hotel lacks some quality in the facility, the staffs are truly professional and they do their jobs well. In particular, Shea's outstanding service really makes a difference in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Live Music Capital of the World!Stay at Austin s Holiday Inn Town Lake and experience the comfort of 321 guest rooms, most overlooking Austin s scenic Hike & Bike trail and Lady Bird Lake, plus 3400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting/banquet space. A 100% smoke free facility, we are centrally located on IH35 & Lady Bird Lake and offer complimentary shuttle service (based upon availability) to Austin downtown s major attractions such as Texas State Capitol, Austin Convention Center, the University of Texas, the world famous Sixth Street/Warehouse Entertainment Districts offering local favorite bands, clubs & restaurants, and Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).The Holiday Inn Town Lake captures Austin s unique flavor and atmosphere, with bike, Segway and kayak rentals in the lobby, complimentary media room offering free blockbuster movies, free Wi-Fi and complimentary garage and surface lot parking. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Pecan Tree Restaurant offers casual dining at affordable prices and enjoy your favorite beverage and appetizer in our Tavern Lounge and view one of our three large flat screen TVs! Re-energize in our 24 hour exercise facility and outdoor heated roof top pool, which is the perfect place in Austin to enjoy a burnt orange Austin sunset! The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers lots of services but our focus is to create a memorable experience at a reasonable price. Welcome to Austin and welcome to the Holiday Inn Town Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Austin Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake Texas