“Nice, efficient, affordable hotel in Austin.”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #47 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night while visiting some friends in Austin. It was a pretty nice hotel, with friendly staff and clean rooms. Check in and check out was surprisingly fast, and check out time was 12 noon, which is convenient. The room was clean, and beds comfortable. The desk/work area was set up with handy internet connections and plugs where you could reach them. No crawling around looking for them. This would be a very comfortable and efficient hotel to stay at for work or a conference, which i gathered is this hotel's main clientele (because of the conference center). There was no charge for parking,and the toiletries in the bathroom were all Bath and Body Works products. There were instructions for the alarm, which was nice because who hasn't had trouble setting a strange alarm, or worse had one go off in the middle of the night. This alarm also has a large LED face which was a little bright for me, so I just covered it up with the notepad from the desk. My only complaints would be the hallway noise is a bit loud, but as it seemed there was some kind of girl's soccer game, so there were a lot of kids running around, and they are always loud. The bathroom was a bit small with only about 3 feet between the tub and the toilet, which did not bother me, but I could see how this might be a slight issue for some people. Also the shower water control was having issues keeping the water at the same temperature. All in all I thought we got a great deal for the night and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest, I enjoyed your very detailed review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. It means a lot fo us all here at the WG that you took time to detail your visit for us. I informed our engineering team about the temperature control in the shower and it has been resolved. Everyone here looks forward to another visit from you and your family. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here for one night, and as an overall hotel it was fine. Just a heads up though the address of south IH-35 does not work with the GPS. I think there is an alternate address (1600 Woodward or something) for the hotel as our cab driver took us for a bit of a "ride". My wife was sick and the front desk helped us get what we needed for the day. A nice average room, we pricelined the hotel for $55, and it included free internet, so all in a win for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Room was clean and completely serviceable for my needs. All the staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Although the small lobby restaurant was quite busy the food was tasty and didn't take long to get. Overall a good place to stay for inexpensive business trip.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and your food and beverage experience at the Wyndham Garden Austin. I look forward to seeing you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I recently stayed a full week at the Wyndham in Austin. I found a great deal through Priceline and I was not disappointed in any way.

First, the hotel is beautiful. It has a very south western feel to it, but not in the way that so many hotels, restaurants, shops, etc try to "southwestern" it up. Nothing tacky or over the top. The walls are lined with numerous photos and bios of famous musicians from Texas. It was a trip up and down memory lane, looking at and reading about Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, and so many others. Texas, despite being Texas, has a storied musical history that needs to be appreciated. But enough of that.

Check in was a breeze. They were friendly and responsive. After checking in, I got a call, to ensure that the room met my standards. They did. A nice, firm bed, with enough pillows in different varieties. A nice sitting chair and a huge desk. I did a lot of work out of my room, so it was nice to have a comfortable chair to work from, as well as desk space to spread out. The TV was a new flat screen, and there was a multitude of channels, unlike what I have encountered at most other hotels. The restaurant served excellent, reasonably priced food, and delivered to the room late into the evening. I even took advantage of the fitness club and hot tub, both better than I would have expected.

I did have to pay an extra fee for a refrigerator in the room. It was delivered promptly. It was a bit old, considering that new, nicer looking units sell for not much more than what 3 guests would pay to have one in their room. It kept stuff cold, almost too much so. But it was what I needed and it worked.

The lobby area has nice seating areas, great for meeting clients or perspective employees. I utilized the area on several occasions while there. There are a number of meeting rooms, which if I needed, would have been more than suitable for any business need. And last but not least, the location of this hotel was perfect. South Austin, close to major roads and businesses. I was able to get everywhere I needed to go, with little or no trouble.

I will be going back to Austin soon, and I plan on taking advantage of the excellent service and quality that the Wyndham provided me.

Room Tip: If I had a choice, I would have asked for a room on the same floor (5th), but facing Austin. Otherw...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely and detailed review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I shared your comments with everyone at the last staff meeting so all of our staff could hear your review. I hope you’ll be back to see us again soon. If you are and plan a longer stay for business travel, please contact our sales department to discuss setting up a corporate rate for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Having visited the hotel prior to Wyndham acquiring it, I was astounded at how nice the renovation turned out. More important was how friendly and professional the staff was. Everyone we met was delightful and met all of our needs. Our entire family raved about the experience.
We really enjoyed all of the pictures of Austin/Hill Country musicians with the descriptive notes on the lobby walls. Pictures of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Sir Douglas Sahm brought back good memories.

Room Tip: Ask for the casitas. These are small suites with a kitchenette and are located at the rear of the ho...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Wonderful. I am so pleased that everyone in your family enjoyed your stay. We are very pleased with the renovation ourselves and we do our very best to make sure the staff at the Wyndham Garden Austin is upbeat and friendly. It always makes my day when I get to read comments like yours to our staff. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed here for three nights, great customer service and property!

On site restaurant was very good!
Clean rooms and great beds!!
Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Convenient place to stay within short drive to S. Congress full of shopping and restaurants. Workout facility is adequate, but a little bare. Bed was comfortable and room was spacious. The hotel breakfast was absolutely one of the worst and a complete waste of $15 for the buffet + coffee. The coffee alone was $3 and tasted like watery metal. Service was nonexistent. There are so many great restaurants in Austin, don't waste your time/money eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple