“Very Good”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #50 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I loved the location and the facilities at this hotel. It was very clean and the service was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing the Wyndham Garden Austin. We all read your comments and take every one as an opportunity to be better. Your wonderful review makes us all smile. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here one night while on a wknd getaway to Austin.
The hotel is easy to find and convenient to everything on ths Southside of Austin and downtown. You can just zip across Woodward to Congress or Lamar for easy access to anywhere.
The hotel was in nice shape, rooms and bathroom were updated and clean.Counter staff was friendly and helpful.
The only thing I wasn't impressed with was how the AC was contolled in the room...you insert your key-card into a slot on the wall, then you control the ac with the thermostat. The problem was that after it reached your set temp, it defaults back to a higher temp (74)...then you have to do it over again if you want a lower temp. Just a bit annoying.
Anyway, other than that it was a decent stay.
The bar was was smaller but nice, a decent beer selection too. DIdn't eat at the resturant.
The one really cool thing was all of the lobby area and hallway walls on the first floor have pics of famous Texas musicians and and a short short bio about each one. Check it out!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I appreciate your honesty regarding the energy efficient thermostat control in the room. It is our intention to save energy while still providing you with a comfortable temperature in the room throughout your visit. Once the key card is in the slot in the wall, adjust the control to fan or auto, and then set to the temperature to a degree of your choosing. I am very sorry if this was not made clear to you by the front desk. I will use this as a training opportunity and share your comments with my front desk team so they understand the importance of communicating the use of the ac to all guests. I hope it didn’t take away from the rest of your stay. I’m so glad you had an opportunity to try the beverage selection in our bar, ReWind, and that you toured our lobby Hall of Fame for the Austin Music Project. Perhaps next trip you can visit our restaurant, ReVive, and try the great menu selection there. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2012

The hotel is very welcoming. The room was very small. or was the bed too big? I couldn't really tell either way, we could hardly squeeze our bags through the hallway into the room. we were laughing because we had to take them in one by one. the bed was comfortable, and the TV was nice. I felt very claustrophobic in the room. Didn't want to return to the room until I knew it was time for bed. So to me, it is a small space to rest your head.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KellyGL2012
Anthony S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear KellyGL2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your comments. I'm glad to hear that the staff was welcoming to you. You are absolutely correct that the King size bedded rooms are a bit smaller (300 s/f) than the rooms with 2 Double Beds (370 s/f) in them. The next time you come to visit us if you want a larger room with a King Size bed in it, our Executive King rooms are the same 370 s/f as the rooms with 2 Double Beds and we also have Poolside Suites (we call Casitas) with a living room area seperate from the bedroom area and with an overall living/sleeping space of 530 s/f. These other room types will cost a little more but if you need the King Size bed and want some more room, these are at least options for you to consider.

Again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us again on your next trip to Austin.

Tony Sahyoun, GM.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Came in with 5 people 4 rooms after long flight from overseas tour. Exhausted. Counter staff are upset and lecture me on not having correct names on rooms (all in my name). After ten minutes of lecture. I asked for different counter person. The young man said he would just cancel my rooms right now. Had it not been after 6 pm and my Amex already billed $144 each room for 4 rooms I would have agreed and gone elsewhere. This is an old quality inn or ramada with a little facelift. Warnings in parking lot about theft. (rough area it appears). No hot water in morning barely warm. When I asked about was told maintenance not available. No more Wyndham garden for me

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank wmbristow
CKokoAUSWC, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies on behalf of that staff member. While we do need to have an individual name on each guest reservation for security purposes, this desk agent should have made that clear in a more positive manner. I’ve already discussed proper etiquette and verbiage with this person and it should not happen again. I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to prove that we have the best of intentions for you and the rest of your group. I look forward to seeing you again. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I ended up here after being involuntarily bumped from a flight. This is the hotel at which the airline booked me. The facility was quite nice and the room was great. The work area was wonderful - wish I would have been there longer to make use of it.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your wonderful review for the Wyndham Garden Austin. I hope you’ll be back so you have more chance to make use of the hotel facilities. Be Well, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of participation in a conference being held on the premises. We were able to have a handicapped room. Had I been in a wheelchair, there was not room to negotiate to the beds. The bathroom, located off the entry was ok, but the toilet didn't flush properly and it ran most of the time. We were shorted the number of towels for the second night and the wastebasket wasn't emptied when the room was straighted after the first night. It smelled of stale dill pickels! The walls were very thin and we could clearly hear voices, the TV and a yipping dog all night. It was less noisy the second night. We were offered another room - but the handicapped rooms were all full. Our electronic key cards were rendered void after the first night and we had to have them redone, this regardless of the fact we had pre-paid for two nights and paid the $50.00 per night extra unpublished charge.
When we checked in we were informed we would be charged an extra $50.00 per night and when I questioned this, was told it was incase we had room service. Also, we were told it would take several weeks for our bank to credit this amount back after our stay
The beds were comfortable. The conference meals were acceptable as was the breakfast we had in the hotel cafe.
I don't think we will stay at the Wyndham, even if the yearly state conference chooses this hotel another year.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MusicMomma1

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel for a less than positive stay. I use all guest comments as training opportunities to provide you with a better guest experience for your next visit. I have shared your review with my engineering team and they have addressed the running toilet in this room. It should have been caught prior to your arrival. I also spoke with our housekeeping manager and she used your detailed comments as a training tool for the housekeepers daily morning meeting. I would also like to apologize that the front desk did not explain the authorization placed on your credit card better. Most hotels authorize for room and tax plus a bit extra in case you’d like to charge room service or any other incidentals to the room. Nothing is charged unless you have a balance and the authorizations normally drop off a couple days after checkout. I am personally working with all our front desk agents to make sure they are properly explaining this at check in. I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay. If you’d like to discuss this please contact the hotel and I’ll be happy to speak with you. I look forward to your next visit. BeWell, Casandra Kokoska

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed here overnight for a job interview in Austin. It compared well to other Wyndhams I've stayed in; and, overall my stay here was pleasant. My room was clean and comfortable. Check-in was smooth, and the staff were helpful. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your nice review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. I share all reviews with our staff to make sure we are using your comments as training tools. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.
BeWell, Casandra Kokoska