“Good business travel hotel”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #50 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is clean, quiet and a good place for a business travel stay. Close to downtown and SoCo shopping. Staff was super friendly and helpful.
Typically, I don't like to eat in the hotel restaurants when traveling for business but I found the one here to be really nice and the food was actually really good! In addition, the staff (James our waiter and Clint the manager) were incredibly polite and attentive, something I don't usual experience when grabbing a quick meal in my hotel.
Thank you for a good experience!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Casandra K, Outlets Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments about our clean rooms, super friendly staff, and our hotel restaurant. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and service and we will extent the compliment to the kitchen! We will also make sure that your waiter James and the manager Clint receive some special recognition for their part in making your experience one to remember. We hope you dine with us again during your next visit to Austin. Braden Williams Outlets Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel in a stop over to Dallas. Great location, close to downtown, easy to get in and out of. Staff was very friendly and very helpful with suggestions of what to see and where to dine. Interesting country and music motif throughout the public areas. Really gives you a sense of the rich music history and and flair of Austin and the Texas hill country. Rooms was spacious and very clean and inviting. Had problem with TV and it was addressed immediately. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay only a few dollars more and reserve a larger King suite with a walk in shower and great few of d...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Casandra K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We are so excited to see your review of the Wyndham Garden Austin. The staff was delighted with your comments about our friendly staff and helpful suggestions. Thank you for your mention of our spacious clean rooms and our live music décor in our lobby. We can’t wait to see you again and give you more fun recommendations for what to do during your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had our wedding here 4/21/13 and it started out rocky. When I arrived the coordinator wasn't there. When she did show up she had something else on her agenda... Like showing rental spaces to other folks and completely ignoring customers who'd already paid IN FULL. Guest were already arriving and NOTHING was set up. Not the center pieces, not the arch, NOTHING. After having to get a little snappy with her she finally got things moving. At this point I only had 45 minutes to get ready for my very own wedding. I ran upstairs to our room and quickly got ready and made myself have a great ceremony despite what had just happened. When it was time for the reception they started the food service 30 minutes late!! That is unacceptable to me, is this the 1st wedding you all have held??Anyways we went on to have a great reception with NO help from the Wyndham. After the reception ends I go up to the room to pay my DJ and photographer and there is $300 cash stolen out of my wallet!! My husband goes to tell the front desk with atm receipts in hand explaining what happened and they send someone to do a "key scan" Sure enough no scans in the room except room service. Not even myself (the only one with a key) could get in the room cause my key somehow got deactivated. The front desk manager Dennis was a complete jerk and didn't seem to care at all. The front desk wouldn't give us corporates number util we threatened legal action. I called the corporate number and was pretty much told immediately well there's nothing they could do. Its unreal to think someone would do this to a couple on their wedding night. Its even worse knowing we shelled out thousands of dollars at this place and they treated us like we were nothing to them. They never apologized or anything. We had atm receipts proving everything and the key scan proved it all. No was was in that room except room service!!! Please save your self the headache and DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lapetat
Casandra K, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We take pride in our weddings here at the Wyndham Garden Hotel and I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I do admit the arch & centerpieces should have been set at 3pm like we discussed and our banquet staff did drop the ball on that, so I apologize. Since that was not done on time, I’m sure it created an added stress on you and I am very sorry. For the dinner buffet, we did wait to open it until you were finished with your photos so you could utilize the full time for the dinner buffet. Although we set a schedule ahead of time, we realize things (like taking family photos) can take longer than anticipated, so we try to be flexible with the schedule. I know since it is after the fact this sounds like an excuse, but we truly take pride in our service level and strive to make your wedding day as smooth & stress-free as possible.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I was weary because of the bad review, totally off. This hotel was clean, friendly, and had a great location. It is right off of the highway in the middle of where I needed to go. When we checked in they gave us a cute bag with dog treats and a bandana for our puppy. Our room was near the pool and there was a sliding door leading outside, perfect for taking the dog out. Outside the glass door there was a grass area and a nice view of the pool that we could walk to. The room was very pleasant. A few downsides were that there was no mini fridge and you could hear the drunk people outside the room in the hall. We fixed that by putting the spare blanket by the bottom of the door and it was just like every other room. The restaurant was very nice for dinner as well and not totally overpriced. When I go back I will definitely stay there again! And the pet fee was only $35. Totally worth it!

• Stayed: May 2013
Casandra K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Austin! We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff, our pet friendly rooms and dog amenities, pleasant room, and dining were so great. We are disappointed when we read about the noisy people outside your room. Please know that we take noise complaints very seriously and investigate and take action immediately. We appreciate your feedback and can’t wait to see you and your pet again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is great for business travelers. It's close to downtown and the Capitol and the price per night is comparable to other nice hotels. Parking is plentiful and free and there is plenty of room for business meetings and gatherings. The staff was pleasant and helpful. It was a nice stay, thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We are very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be a good value, the service helpful and pleasant, and that you liked our banquet and meeting facilities. We hope you’ll be back soon.