“Austin stay for a wedding”

Wyndham Garden Austin
Ranked #52 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel was very nice, clean and accommodating. We had a large group there for a wedding and all stayed 3 - 5 days. The bar downstairs is nice, bartenders were fun and gave great service. Shuttle rides to the airport are wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Jason B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Your generous review is much appreciated. I look forward to sharing your thoughts with our Housekeeping, Guest Services, and Bartending teams. They really look forward to hearing feedback from our happy guests!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Austin

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

They advertised it as a new hotel, but its clearly a redo of an old already established hotel. The room is musty with squeeky beds. The double beds are really not that big. I was asked if I wanted lower or top floot. When I asked what the difference was, I was told "preference". That doesn't say much. So I chose lower and was placed right by the bar, where there were drunken fools going up and down the hall all night and being really loud. I didn't get much rest during my stay. The only perk is it is close enough to dwtn Austin without the congestion of traffic and high price tag. I will not be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding the lack of description offered by the front desk. The higher floors do tend to be quieter, and this information should be messaged to all guests who inquire. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was a wonderful hotel for our visit to Austin. We had a car and found that nearly all the great restaurants were within a 15 minute drive. Downtown Austin was easy access off frontage roads or I-35. The rate was very reasonable considering access to downtown, and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the restaurant within the hotel as well as the hotel and restaurant staff service. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a considerate, glowing review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us the next time you visit Austin.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Wyndham. The room was comfortable and the price is very good for a quality room in Austin. The only downside is the $15+ taxi ride to get anywhere you want to visit in the city. You are not within safe walking distance of any other restaurants. If you have a car, that is obviously not a problem. The front desk staff was excellent. They were always there with answers about what to do, where to go and how to get there. They arranged shuttles for the many visitors going to a family wedding and made sure taxis were available for those wanting to venture farther out.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are preferable to those in front of the building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thanks so much for writing this review. I am very pleased that we were able to contribute to the success of your family vacation and that the front desk staff provided you with the level of service needed to accommodate your family's travel needs.

While we are only three miles from downtown, Austin has many attractions spread throughout the city. I apologize that the public transportation wasn't as convenient as you would have liked. Perhaps next time our front desk team can assist with booking you an affordable rental car if you plan to venture out as much as before. Let us know what else we can do for you!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Wyndham.

I liked the cleanliness and friendly staff.

I didn't like food or location.

While the hotel is a convenient drive to downtown (or really any part of Austin), I would have preferred a location with some restaurant options closer by.

That said, for the price, it was hard to beat. I booked a great deal on their site with a discount for a reservation I could not have cancelled, so the price was great. I wouldn't pay any more than I did, however, given the location.

One nit - the heat/cooling units my room was really loud. Didn't bother me much, but could see a light sleeper having issues.

Room Tip: Might want to think about requesting a room that doesn't overlook I-35 to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. Our Engineering Department conducts regular audits of the heating/air conditioning units, but perhaps the one in your room needs to be serviced. If you could let us know which room you were in, we'll take care of that immediately. We value your feedback, and we will share your positive notes regarding our Housekeeping and Guest Services departments.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean and the
rooms were comfortable. I was disappointed that you don't have a free breakfast like every other hotel in the world!!
The staff there is friendly!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for choosing to spend your New Year's Eve with us. We offer a variety of rates, some of which include breakfast, others do not. We hope you still had time to try out our restaurant, and we look forward to you returning to stay with us again.