“Low class, I'm not going back”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harvey Penick Golf Campus
Ranked #54 of 99 Outdoor Activities in Austin
austin
“Low class, I'm not going back”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I have been several times but will not go back. The last time I went to Harvey Penick I was accused of walking on without paying. I understand that if this happens they need to deal with it, but not in the way I was dealt with. After explaining to some kid on a cart that I have already paid, he waves me back over and he informs me that, no I didn't pay, then tells me he saw me just pull in the parking lot, which was clearly a lie. After arguing with this disrespectful kid, the manager happens to recognize my friend, so I was luckily off the hook and allowed to resume play. The manager was apologetic, but the cart boy wasn't.

An easy approach is to ask for some kind of verification of payment. The way I was treated was simply low class. I won't be returning and would encourage anyone looking for a course in Austin to avoid this one, or at least make sure you keep your receipt.

MrGofAustin
“Best Unknown Course in Austin”
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This place is not known by most golfers in Austin but should be played by every golfer in Austin. Yes the course is only a 9-hole course but it's PGA TOUR design makes it difficult for the most avid golfer like myself. However I believe there are 4 tee boxes: expert, advanced, ladies, youth tees. This facility also has a full driving range if you just want to practice.