“Fun Show”
Review of Esther's Follies

Esther's Follies
Ranked #1 of 41 Concerts & Shows in Austin
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed this energetic and fast paced show. The material was relevant and witty. Very talented performers! The magic was especially good. Don't miss this one. It's a hoot!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My followers know, I hardly award excellent to anything. What can I say that would get you in the door for a hilarious riotous totally p.c. incorrect evening? That didn't do it? I worked in community theater as a lighting technician for twelve years watching from the wings and lighting booth, (sometimes holding an entire box of Altoids in my mouth to stay awake) satire, comedy and improve theater but nothing has kept me LMAO for ninety minutes like Esther's cast and writers. No person including governors present, past and ones that went to Washington and returned to their Texas ranch, and no topic including arts and crafts with feminine hygiene products were excluded from the wit and satire of Esther's Follies. I feel so strongly about your having a good time there I'll personally guarantee and warrant your full refund of the ticket. Just tell the box office to give you my personal eMail for that reimbursement. Oh yeah, I'd reserve my seats next time just to be sure I got the show times I wanted.
Question: Will we return? You got to ask? Wild Texas bats couldn't keep me away.
Spartan Caver

2  Thank spartancaver
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went there with my fiancé and future brother-in-law (who is only 17) and we had a BLAST! Hilarious skit, song & dance, and magic acts fill the hour-and-a-half show. Well worth the $25 ticket. Get there 30 minutes early for a good seat!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most unique and most entertaining shows I have ever been to! The comedy was so fresh that they were making references to current events that happened only a week ago! All the performers were incredibly on point, and my wife and I were laughing from beginning to end.

The magic was also impressive, and left us wide eyed in amazement at times.

Call ahead to reserve tickets and show up at least 40 minutes early. We did, and got second row seats!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a friday evening on the earlier show. And around two outs later we stumbled onto 6th street, our cheeks hurting from laughing! Now we both come from Europe (scandinavia), and we are no news junkies but we still could enjoy the show.
Sure there are political jokes and even some local jokes about Austin politics, but they were simple to understand and maybe we missed a couple of things but we were none the worse for it.
A high tempo show, perfect to set the mood for some barcrawling on 6th street, or simply just to enjoy by itself. Well worth the money, a must do if you are in Austin for a weekend!