The Courtyard in Downtown Austin sits diagonally across the street from the convention center. It could not be more convenient if that's where your business is and the intervening intersection is stop signs (not lights), so you can get there in under a minute. Now, if you're going elsewhere in downtown Austin, you can probably walk there from the Courtyard in 5-10 minutes easily.
The property itself is "married" to a Residence Inn -- same building, but two distinct properties giving you access to the amenities of both. The Courtyard has the Starbucks and the restaurant on property, while the Residence Inn has the exercise room, the pool, and some great hidden sitting/working areas in its lobby.
On the Courtyard side, which is where I stayed, the rooms were very nice. One of the most comfortable beds I've had in recent memory, good working area, and speedy internet. Having the Starbucks is convenient. The restaurant on property is a buffet for breakfast and, I think, lunch. It's a sports bar the rest of the day. It's not bad, but not stellar either -- standard tank-filling fare for the morning.
What made the property stand out was the staff. My check in process took seconds and they were standing there waiting on me (or anyone) when I arrived. I needed to delay my check out and they happily accommodated. When I asked about the breakfast options that Marriott Elite Rewards members get, they provided some breakfast vouchers.
When I go back to Austin, this is where I'm staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention center is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, adjacent to the Austin Convention Center. Guests will love this ideal location within walking distance of many of Austin’s favorites, such as the 6th St. music scene, the State Capitol, the University of Texas, The Austin Interactive and Music Festivals, and the trendy Warehouse District. The brand new lobby is highlighted by free WiFi, private media pod work stations, and the touch-screen GoBoard that highlights all the local events, weather, and traffic conditions. The renovated Guest Rooms offer the perfect balance of productivity with large work station with ergonomic chairs and relaxation with luxury bedding and flat-screen TVs with premium cable and free HBO. Try out our indoor pool and 24-hr fitness center to get your workout on the road. Onsite dining options include Champions Sports Bar featuring 24 HD TVs and 25 Draft Beers, and also the Starbucks Coffee Shop offering delicious pastries and their signature coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/ Hotel Austin
- Austin Courtyard
- Austin Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center Texas