Residence Inn located in Austin Downtown/Convention Center (4th Street) is co-located with Courtyard by Marriot. The location is excellent since the hotel is near good restaurants and the famous 6th Street nightlife. The staff is very friendly and prompt in assisting incoming guests. There are only two elevators that I observed, and the wait for these elevators could sometimes exceed 10 minutes. Checking in was quick and painless, but my friend and I actually waited for the elevator for about 12 minutes just to get to the 3rd Floor. We almost took the stairs if it wasn't for our luggage/bags.
The housekeepers also knock on our doors very early in the morning. They knocked on our room door at 0845 in the morning, which was too early for us two young men who have been partying at 6th Street the night prior. Breakfast, however, was very good with a good variety of cereal, fruits, and pastries. We would have missed breakfast if the housekeepers did not wake us up at 0845, so I guess the early wake up call did us something good in a way.
The room was clean, complete with everything travelers may need for a long-term stay. Be wary of drunken party-goers who may wake you up at 0200 or 0300 in the morning as they hobble their way in back from the entertainment of 6th Street, Austin. The hotel has a "zero tolerance" for noise (as posted in their lobby), but drunk people don't really know how loud they could become as they stumble through the hotel's hallways. Plus, it would take more work to dial "0", speak to the operator, and ask someone to go up to enforce them to be quiet. Then, by the time someone gets there, the drunks would probably be passed out anyway. So... just be aware. Because of the noise and a very early wake up call from the housekeepers, I rated the sleep quality as "poor." There maybe some better nights at this hotel, but until I experience that, I stand by my current ratings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore virbant downtown Austin, Texas while retreating to the Residence Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. Guests of our hotel are served complimentary breakfast every morning before guests attend conferences, trade shows and networking events at Austin Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Austin Downtown / Hotel Austin
- Austin Residence Inn
- Residence Inn By Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center Texas