Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
US$289
US$307
US$275
US$95
US$92
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$279
US$252
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
W Austin(Austin)
US$379
US$344
  • Restaurant
All reviewschampions restaurantgreat locationfront desktwo blockssmall indoor poolfull kitchenfree breakfastwithin walking distanceone bedroom suiteaustin downtownsmall kitchenself parkingcorner roomliving areanight lifesofa bedfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2013

the location was great easy walking distance to the bars clubs restaurants etc

The breakfast wee free and a lot of choice - we were able to avoid the eggs bacon etc and get enough fruit yogurts

We had a 1 bedroom suite, they have a good little kitchenette and separate lounge room with a pull out sofa which was good for the kid. It's not a huge suite just enough room

All in all very happy and would book here next time

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

scog1,
We are so proud that you had a great visit to Austin and after traveling such a distance that we were able to provide the comfort and location that made your trip successful. Every room at the Residence Inn boasts the same kitchen and also provides more room for moving around and enjoying your accommodations than many city center hotel rooms. Please, let us know when you will be returning as we can help accommodate early or late arrivals after long distance travel. Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently attended a meeting in Austin, TX. The Residence Inn - Convention Center was one of the event hotels offering lodging through the event planners. So let's start with getting to the hotel from the airport.

Before traveling, I investigated transportaion options from the airport to the hotel. There is a bus offering transport to the downtown for $1.00. If you're in to using public transportation, this is a good deal. Get off at the 4th and Trinity stop and you're only 1 block from the hotel. Buses run about every 30 minutes.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was greeted by just about everyone employed at the hotel ..... and with a smilte. The Residence Inn does share common entrances and lobbies with the Courtyard.

I requested a high floor room and was accomadated with an 8th floor room facing 4th Street. It was quiet and clean. The room was a typical Residence Inn setup.

Locally, restaurants are nearby. You can find chains and local restaurants. Streets are clean. Take a walk to the capital or to the University of Texas campus. Visit the Whole Foods on 6th Street where you can sit at their in-store bar, watch a football ga,e and enjoy a glass of draught wine .... yes wine on tap. Where else but in Austin, TX, can you go to a grocery store and have a refillable 'Wine Growler' filled to take home.

I was not disappointed with the Residence Inn. The location was less than 1 block from the convention center.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor quiet room. But, I didn't see much immediately adjacent to the hotel which would be a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank agtraveler

agtraveler,
Thank you so much for writing your detailed review and for mentioning our amazing associates and their bright smiles. They are always available in the lobby and ready to make your stay more enjoyable. A local in Austin couldn't have written a better review. The Airport Flyer is the easiest and best value for getting to and from the hotel. We love our food and drinks here in Austin and are fortunate to have some of the best new restaurants opening every month just a few blocks from the hotel. Be sure to ask one of our associates for any suggestions and favorites. Thank you again for staying with us during your conference.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Hotel was very clean, the bed, I did not want to get out of, very comfortable and with lots of pillows, room was very clean, staff respected your need for privacy, staff were courteous, always pleasant, smiling, and greeting you, and willing to assist you at all times. I viewed the exercise area and it was doable, the pool was just okay, although I was expecting more for the climate in the area. The Champions restaurant can really use some help with their menu offerings. The hotel is joined together with Marriott and Champions serves both which in my opinion does not serve well for either of them. It tells me that they don't want you to eat their, in the hotel, but want you to go out and eat somewhere else. The food in Champions is nothing to talk about, it's just okay bar food! The first night I went into the bar for a drink the bartender was less than friendly and helpful and I was short on patience that day from classes, so I decided on nothing and left. Interesting enough, 2 days later I was there to have dinner and the same person waited on me at the tables. He was slightly more pleasant this time and I made sure I got exactly what I wanted to drink and eat, even if he had to work a little harder for it. I was kind and I tipped him well, but I wanted him to remember too.

Room Tip: I asked for the small suite (junior) it had a full size refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot, microwave, small kitchenette,range top burner for cooking, and a small sitting area for TV viewing that was separate from the bed area. The location was within walking distance of many restaurants, local shops, and 15 minute taxi drive to indoor and outdoor malls. Great location. Right now there is some construction on-going in the area though, so do your research.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

christina g,
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for choosing our hotel for during your trip to Austin. Our team works hard to remain out front and available to assist any guest with any questions or suggestions they may have. I will make sure this begins to trickle into Champions. Like you we all wish we had a large outdoor pool but in the short term we have some great suggestions on where some of the best local swimming areas can be found. We look forward to hosting again in the future. Thank you

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Located just a couple blocks off of 6th street, and right in the heart of downtown action, the Residence Inn is actually a combined location with their sister property Courtyard Marriott. A Champs restaurant is connected, and provides all the food for both properties including the free breakfast buffet in our package. The free breakfast was decent, but wasn't replenished fast enough.

Rooms were nice with full fridge, small table, kitchen, and amenities. Plenty of space to actually cook if you desired. The staff was extremely friendly, and catered to our every need. The only complaint is the cost of parking. I know we are downtown, but $29.00 a night for parking without taxes is steep when the room is over $300.00 a night. Glad we stayed on points!!!! Don't expect to save anything by self parking.

Will stay there again if the budget allows.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Harleyman590,
Thank you for posting your review. We are all pleased that you had a great time in Austin and look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future. Parking in downtown Austin ranges from $1/ hour for street parking 5o $40/day valet parking. Our hotel tries to offer slightly better rates: $23/day for covered garage parking and $29/day valet parking.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The rooms were clean and well stocked, all facilities and amenities were very good. This hotel stands out for me because the staff were, efficient, friendly and willing to give any information.
, help you might need. people seemed to like their job and take pride special thanks and kudo's to front desk staff, . In champions restaurant . Excellent attentive service by Katie, saire, michelle. Well located, can walk easily to everything

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MarriottAustinDT, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

mbowden2013,
Thank you for taking time to post your review and for celebrating our associates attentive service. They sure take pride in making each and every guest feel welcomed. We all appreciate your business and look forward to entertaining in the future.