Open today: 10:00 - 16:00
Decent Venue, Great Comedians

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
2fromTX
San Antonio, Texas
A great venue for date night

Reviewed 3 July 2018
Dave M
Austin, Texas

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Austin
from US$54.13
from US$159.99
from US$96.34
More Info
All reviews item minimum great comedians reserved seating general admission acoustics
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on a Friday night and the place was full. There are two options when you buy your tickets, one to reserve a seat (assigned based on time/date you reserve) and the other general admission. We paid $5 extra to reserve because we knew we would be getting there almost at showtime, and the seats were nice and close. There were others seats not reserved that weren't much further out, but for us it was good to have a stress free place to sit. The main area mainly has tables with a dozen seats each running horizontal from the stage, so as a couple you'll be sitting across from a stranger, but it's not awkward because you'll face the stage most of the time. We had some food, but it was mediocre, mostly fried and probably pre frozen stuff, so eat dinner before or after the show if you can.Two drink minimum and 15% gratuity is added to your ticket. We found parking in the strip center lot, but it was getting filled up 10 minutes before the scheduled showtime. The venue could use a refresh, but, hey, we'll give them 4 stars because they just bring in great talent and you can't help having a good time.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We’d come to this venue to see the Rachel Feinstein show. We hadn’t aid for reserved seating, which was fine because there were many great opportunities to have a great view of the stage. The “two item minimum” is not a “two drink minimum,” so once you’ve gotten one appetizer and a beverage you’ve met the requirement. The acoustics are great so you can hear the act you’ve come to see, and a strict no cell phone/no talking policy ensures that. The tables are small, but roomy for couples. The venue is clean, and the food good.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The comedian was great and I know they often get good ones. The place is very dated with tables and chairs from the 80s, and crazy high drink prices. They're not too picky about the 2 item minimum though, which kind of makes up for the prices.

1  Thank paradiselost79
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We saw Kevin in Chicago recently and just like on TV he is excellent. Unfortunately, I knew over half of his jokes because I heard them before, so I kind of ruined it for myself. I was right in front and I think he looked right at me and wondered why I wasn't laughing as much as everyone else. He fist bumped the guy next to us twice but not me, so... But I really admire his comfortable, natural way of talking. Interestingly, I noticed he pinches his pant leg and the mic cable with his left hand, as if he still gets nervous after all these years. I know I would be, my forehead is a little clammy, know that the general public may be reading this. It probably wasn't worth $50, but again, I probably did it to myself. Still, if you're a uge (no H!) fan like me, why wouldn't you know all his jokes like I do? But it's not like a rock band, where it just fires you up to hear a familiar song in person, you just go crazy and ecstatic. With jokes, it's sort of the opposite. It's like "I love this guy, but I thought of the punch line before he said". Or even worse, he didn't finish the whole joke before he went on to something else. Now, I've heard the gas price joke and his comparison to petroleum jelly in the drug store a few times. But in Chicago, he said Walgreen's, so now I know which drug store, which is nice. Or maybe he was just tipping his hat to Walgreens since it started in Northern Illinois. I don't know if he knows that. He probably does, he knows a lot of useless stuff. For me, I was glad I went, but I probably won't go again. I'll keep following him online. Or maybe I should not look him up anymore and I'll enjoy his jokes more next time I go to a live show. He is my favorite comic, he comes across so natural and sincere. But like he says, comics are really good BS artists. He once lied to a Dunkin Donuts manager to get a job so he could make money to buy a guitar. So my point is, if you go to see Kevin Nealon, don't binge watch his stuff before you go.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived to see Ron Funches and he was hilarious!! Capital City Comedy Club was a very good venue. The only reason for not giving 5 stars is the 2 drink (or equivalent) minimum.

1  Thank JALToronto
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Overall Great Time, all three comedians were hilarious! Such a fun time, our waitress was fantastic keeping up with all of our orders. The only downfall is the seating, it can get kind of cramped but still manageable.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Comics were great, service was excellent. Drinks were made well and our waitress was on top of it. Food is typical bar food and exactly what you'd expect - but good, nevertheless.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I had a hard time choosing between average and very good. The drinks are okay. And we haven't been brave enough to try the food. Honestly, the two item minimum and automatically added gratuity prevents us from wanting to purchase more. The coffee was horrid. I'm not sure if my cream was off, but I couldn't even drink it.
Great comedians mixed with an outdated atmosphere, and cramped seating...but we still come back when we see someone that will be worth the minimum.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

This was my third visit here. Each time, from the ticket sales to the waitstaff, everyone has always been very friendly. We saw Bruce Bruce here and he was hilarious. The food and drinks are very good as well.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Have never been there for the comedy but visit there with the Austin Traditional Jazz Society. Ample parking, wheelchair accessible. Food service, unchanging menu, moderately priced, drinks the same. Seating is rather packed in. Automatic 15% gratuity.