“Always had a good time”

Capitol City Comedy Club
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Always have a good time when we go. If you sign up you can get free passes on your birthday which is always nice too. 2 drink min. when you go and the drinks are just so so, but worth it, especially with the free birthday passes.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very nice comedy club. Has large main room. I've been to a few shows there. I have also attended a few shows in the small front room. It's also good for comedy shows. Has a bar in the front room. Good food as well. It is the best comedy club in Austin.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've been to Cap City twice and I wouldn’t hesitate to go again. I'm from Dallas, and though it's just a typical comedy club, they tend to book some high level comedians that for whatever reason choose not to go to DFW. The main stage and room isn’t very large, the perfect size really. They have a King Kong comedy package you can purchase which includes 2 drinks, 2 tickets to the show, 2 return tickets, and 2 shirts. It's located in kind of a seedy area...seedy, not scary.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Although we had pre purchased tickets to a show, we decided not to go after finding the location earlier in the day. It is located in a old, outdated strip mall in a less than great part of town. It was probably fine but my wife and I just didn't feel comfortable. I suppose the lesson learned was not to prepay for tickets. Fortunately, it was only $8/person. We would have had to also pay for two drinks or food items each as well, so in the end I probably saved money.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

On a whim, we went out to the 1030 show on a Saturday. Tickets are normally $15 each but they will give a military discount if you ask. The host and opening act left a lot to be desired...serious crickets after pretty lame/off-color/just not funny jokes. The headliner was pretty funny but the place was empty and we were just about falling asleep by the time he came on. The food at the bar was decent, nothing to rave about. BLUF I'd seriously check the performers before heading all the way into Austin for this place. It's not near the popular downtown hangouts either to go after the show without a bit of a ride.