“Great Place - Fantastic staff!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Mpls
“Great Place - Fantastic staff!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here for 10 days the staff was very accomodating and great to my whole family. Clean , quiet, close to shopping and movies but far enough to be very quiet. Got an adjoining room with my brother at the last minute. The only thing I would have preferred was that they had a week + rate rather than just nightly

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the elevator - we initally had one but were moved as soon as we noted the noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We had stayed at this Hampton Inn a few times in the past and chose it primarily for the proximity to relatives and the price. Our most recent stay was for 3 nights and the reservations was for several family groups. The rooms were spotless, the beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast was great, well staffed during a holiday, which surprised me. They provided us a conference room to have our Thanksgiving meal together and had arranged the tables and even put table cloths on them. Hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate were available 24 hours a day, as well as fresh fruit. We used their very comfortable lobby area that had a large screen tv as our primary meeting and lounging area. The staff were quick to assist in any requests and were even able to accommodate a last minute room need, even though though it was Thanksgiving night. The rooms were serviced promptly and all public areas were clean. The close proximity to the mall and surrounding shopping were great to take care of Black Friday shopping. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This hotel is near the Lakeline Mall but away from the noise of the highways. The hotel was quiet, clean, and the front desk was very accommodating.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We were attending a wedding in Cedar Park, we called ahead to see if we would be able to check in early so we could get read for the wedding. Ms. Margaret was extremely helpful ensure we would be able to check in early. Once we arrived she had everything ready so that we could go up and get ready. The Hotel and our room were excellent. Thanks to the Hampton Team for making our stay a wonderful experience and getting us to the wedding on time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Cicero, Indiana
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My daughter lives near this area so this is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is in North Austin so it is about 15 minutes from downtown. It is really close to Lake Travis and some other nice areas. The staff is fantastic and what I really like about this hotel is how quiet it is. I got a great night sleep every night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Central Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2011

From a stay December 4-6 2010

I have stayed at this Hampton many times and as in all prior visits, this hotel did well. The room, lobby, grounds all were spotless. Beds were really comfortable, a lot better than the usual "pool table with a sheet on top". The place was quiet, both from outside noise and from other guests. And the night clerks and day clerks and all the other staff treated us like special guests and conducted themselves with dignity.

Additional areas... Breakfast was fresh with a wide variety to choose from. Wireless internet speed was average. I always appreciate the very large lobby area that many Hamptons offer, and this hotel offers that feature.

I rate my stay five stars, but there was one big glitch however that is uncharacteristic of this hotel: Late one night, I was locked out of the building for several minutes.

I'd checked in late the afternoon of my stay, then went to a conference, returning to the hotel about 11pm. As I was preparing for bed, I realized my cell phone charger was still in my car, so I went to retrieve it, being careful to take my key card. As I attempted to reenter the building, my key card wouldn't work. The first set of doors at front opened (without a key) to a little vestibule, but the second door to the lobby area required a working key card, but my card wouldn't work. I went back outside, tried the side entrances - same problem - no entry. My card was apparently invalid.

I went back to the main entrance and into the vestibule and started knocking on the second entry door, then beating on the door, to get the clerk's attention. The glass doors are about 16 feet from the check-in desk and there is a camera covering the vestibule. But no clerk came. I tried muscling the doors apart (these are sliding glass doors that meet in the middle) - I am strong but I couldn't budge them.

I beat on the doors harder... surprised I didn't wake anyone up. By this time it was 1:20am. I had my cell phone with me, so I called information, got the hotel number and called the desk - it rang about five minutes - no answer. I called Hampton Reservations and explained my predicament, but the call attendant (who was in the Philippines or thereabouts) apparently thought I was pulling a prank and laughed at me. I called another nearby Hampton - Austin Arboretum - and thankfully the clerk there promptly answered the phone, apologized for the problem and stayed with me as she called my Hampton. Again the phone rang several minutes, until finally the female clerk showed up, answered the phone, then came to let me in. She looked a little dazed and disheveled and offered no explanation and no apology. In all I was locked out of the hotel about 18 minutes. At least she reactivated my card so I could get back into my room.

Thankfully the hotel is in a fairly safe part of town. Had I needed to get to a place of safety away from someone with ill intent, this story would not have ended well. Again, since I've stayed at this Hampton many times, I know this is not at all typical of their operation.

Room Tip: Any room here will do fine. It's quite a bit off the main thoroughfares and is quiet.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CenTxVanDriver
dallas, tx
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was attending a wedding in Leander (outside of Austin) and the bride had reserved rooms at the LaQuinta for her guests for $89/each. Since I am an HHonors Points kind of girl, I looked into The Hampton Inn as well. It was a bit closer to the wedding site and about $15 a night cheaper so I decided to give it a try.

The hotel is very well maintained and the everyone from the people behind the counter to the lady setting up breakfast were so kind. We actually made it down to breakfast after 10am to just get some coffee and she offered to bring out the eggs and bacon she had just put away. Just so kind of her.

The room was fairly nice and spacious. Minor complain was that the tv was a bit small, but it that was really about it. Great experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends