“Outstanding service, Excellent location, but can improve”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #63 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Outstanding service, Excellent location, but can improve”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Overall hotel is great. Lobby is new and practical for family or business group meetings. Have adequate workout facilities.

This is the perfect hotel for the business traveler except 2 important details.

Pros:
1) The staff is super attentive. Hooray Mariott!
2) The shuttle service to and from airport is fast, only 5-8 minutesnon-rush hour traffic. They can also accomodate special requests for short trips.
3) Have an awesome breakfast for less than $10, totally worth it.
4) Denny's and Waffle house within 2 and 1 blocks respectively.
5) By car, easy access to North and South Austin since the hotel is close to the junction of highways 183 and hwy71 that connect to IH-35.

Cons:
-1) Slow internet in the business center, problems with printers
-2) Roms have chair and desk, however chairs are old and outdated, not comfortable to work on.

Hope this review is helpful as you make your decision in choosing hotels. Please give a "helpful" vote. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are in floors 1 and 2.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lalotp
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your stay with Trip Advisor! I am glad that your overall experience was great and due to our high dissatisfaction with the internet, we have upgraded to a larger server and the internet speed has greatly increased! Next time you're in house I hope that you'll be pleased! Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had the most wonderful experience this morning with the Courtyard's "Park & Fly" service. I am going to be out of town for almost a week, which gets really pricy when parking at the airport. I found the Courtyard's Park & Fly feature and am saving half of what I would be paying if I had parked at the airport! As soon as I arrived, the van was ready to take me to the airport so I probably got to the gate faster than if I had parked at the airport's long-term parking lot. The van driver was very nice and accommodating, too, dropping me off right at the curb of my airline (what a great service - especially if it's raining!). Thank you, Courtyard, for this wonderful service! I travel often and I will be utilizing this service again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anonymous405
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our airport ammenities to be helpful and an enjoyable experience! It truly is one of the things our hotel strives to make great! Travel days are not always fun, so anything we can do to help (cutting costs and creating convenience) we're on it! Thank you for sharing your experience!!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We had co-workers coming in from out of town for a meeting so we booked rooms and a meeting space. Everything was excellent! The location was great and easily accesible. Also the facility we met in was just what we needed. They went above and beyone by providing water, snacks, microwave, and mints. Pricing was also lower than other places, with higher value. We will book again in the future!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

THANK YOU for reviewing our hotel and meeting space! It's always nice to hear that our little instinctive details were noticed and appreciated. You're always welcome back and we're looking forward to hosting your next meeting!
Fort Worth
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great hotel,excellent staff!
I've stayed in many,many hotels(mostly the Marriott line),but this has been the best.
The staff went above and beyond. They made certain we had reserved parking,which
we didn't ask for. The rooms were clean. The bathroom gets a thumbs up,because I'm
a bathroom critic.
Dorothy,Nick,Tony,and Megan stood out the most,however everyone I made contact with were
friendly.
Thanks again from One Unit M/C

Room Tip: If you're lodging as group,see how attentive the cordinator is
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We Loved hosting you and your group that weekend!! It was truly a pleasure of ours to have you in house and we had genuinely enjoyed the experience and I am glad to hear that you did as well! We hope to see you back next year!! Thank you for choosing us!
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family recently stayed here the night before we flew out on our vacation. Always a little nervous depending on a shuttle to get you to the airport on time but everything worked well. The hotel was nice and clean (i.e. a normal Courtyard). The staff was very helpful as were were traveling with 9 people in three rooms including 2 toddlers. We needed adjoining rooms which they quickly changed and moved the cribs around. The shuttle service was prompt and the location is very close to the airport.

I will have to say the location is a bit hard to find at first. The hotel is on a hill and has a wonderful view of downtown Austin except that downtown is to the side of the hotel, what a pity it was not angled just a little different.

Upon our return to Austin the shuttle picked us promptly and took us to our vehicle. Would definitely repeat this hotel next time I fly out of Austin.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at The Courtyard Austin Airport! It's great to hear that our shuttle convenience worked out well for you and your family, that's our goal! I hope your vacation went well and that your car-side arrival home service brings you back to our hotel! Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Iowa
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had an early morning flight out so stayed here for one night. I found it to be exactly what I've come to expect from Courtyards - it didn't disappoint. Clean, quiet, well thought out space, polite staff. And it was an easy 5 minute drive to the airport. I would not hesitate to stay here again if the circumstances were the same.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay! It sounds like you are familiar with our brand and the expectations are always met, I am glad that still rings true. We do strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel! Next time you have that early fight, we are here for you!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Just got back from Austin and had a great time.
I'm not an airport hotel guy but this property was great!
Great staff, great location (10 minutes downtown), very clean!
I'll be back.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip advisor! We appreciate it and if you're passing through Austin again soon, please do let us be your choice hotel!