“Felt like a King”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #60 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Austin Courtyard Marriott for three nights attending a wedding. Everyone, from the front desk to the waitstaff, housekeeping, management and maintenance, went out of their way to make me feel welcomed with a smile. My room was spacious, modern and clean. The bed and linens became a treat to look forward to. The price was reasonable for a hotel of this quality. No need for me to shop around. I would stay there again, if at all possible, my next trip to Austin

• Stayed: April 2012
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you!! Your review of our hotel is greatly appreciated, and look forward to serving you again soon!! We do value our guests so I am pleased to hear you felt like Royalty!

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

We were here for a wedding.
Everything was great.
I stay at a bunch of hotels for work and the staff at this hotel is the best I have ever seen or dealt with.

Dear guest,

It's so refreshing to receive such great feedback on our staff. We hire with guests like you in mind, we truly strive to be the friendliest staff and obtain the cleaniest hotel in Austin. Thank you for noticing our hard work and we hope that if you're ever back in town you stay with us!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The location is very good: not too far from DT and UT campus; easy to get to Sunset Valley/Oak Hill area; and not far from Rudy's BBQ!!!

The rooms are very clean and odor-free and all non-smoking with two Queens....this is our second time to stay there in the last teo months...tremendous value for $$$$!! Highly recommended for all travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for the two Queens
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobby J M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your experience here at the Courtyard Austin Airport on trip advisor! I am glad that you've been here and chose to come back to us. We appreciate return guests and work hard to ensure that you want to return! Whenever you're back in town please do stay with us!

Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is mostly a review for the business traveler. I've spent ~ 15 nights at the Austin Airport Courtyard this year and 10 the previous year because it is close to my company's office and it is where we book. The rooms are always quite clean, the beds comfy etc. I'm getting into the nit-picky stuff that starts to bother you when you spend so much time there.

The internet has consistently been almost unusable. I've had to pay for tethering from my iphone just to know I will be able to go online when staying here. Not the end of the world for a night but for a longer stay it makes things more difficult. I'm not talking about streaming movies, checking a gmail account was next to impossible part of the time, vpn - forget about it.

On my last visit, two weeks ago, I used their outdoor gazebo to enjoy the spring evenings. The gazebo was not cleaned (glass ware, used cigarettes etc removed) for four days.

I have consistent requests for each stay; fridge, certain room type, location etc and remind the front desk (not the call center, I book via the hotel) at booking. I've even gone so far as to call on my day of arrival. When I arrive, the front desk acts like it is the first time they have heard about any of this. Really? I thought Courtyard was about making sure the Business Traveler had a great experience.

Breakfast options are exceptional, sometimes they are comped via my room rate and sometimes not. The hotel owner (not Marriott), has recently gone public and they are trying to squeeze revenue out any way they can. This has lead to confusion among staff and some pretty stingy experiences.

So, a great comfy room, good for a short visit. Spend any time here and the problems start to show a bit...

Room Tip: Slow elevators, get a room near the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SanAntonioJoe
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I do personally apologize for the multiple complaints listed above. We have heard about the issues with the internet and have re-vamped our connection and that problem has been corrected. Thank you for bringing the outdoor area to my attention and I will be sure to discuss this with our maintenance staff. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly to mend the previous experiences you've had with us. I look forward to speaking with you and taking care of this. Thank you again for sticking with Courtyard Marriott Austin Airport.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Thank you for a conforatble stay and friendly staff. I travel every week and unfortunately you do not get this exceptional of service as I received here.

Room Tip: Top Floor away form elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Guest,

THANK YOU for staying with us and responding to our staff and your great experience by sharing on trip advisor! We hope you enjoy another great stay here soon!!

Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

They have an excellent package available at the hotel which is very convienent for me as I stay in Austin and fly all the time! It allows me to park and fly and have drop and pick me up! It's easy and it definitely beats airport parking! My number one option when I'm heading out of town!

2  Thank NomadTraveler6
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience!! That's the idea of this package, that you would find it easy and convenient! I am pleased that you use us often and always welcome you back! It's aboslutely our pleasure to take care of our guests.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Room was immaculate. Shuttle and location were key for me but the quality was outstanding.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure to hear such great feedback from you! Please know our doors are always open to you and you're always welcome back. Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor!