We had been visiting family in the northwestern part of Austin (Cedar Park - Lakeline area) and had a 6:30am flight out of Austin on a Monday morning. The more we thought about it, the more we weren't looking forward so very much to driving to the airport that early the next morning. We opted instead, to make the drive to the airport Sunday night instead. Traffic was lower volume and we didn't have an immediate deadline hanging over our heads if something would happen to delay us along the way. Turned out to be a great decision. :)
There are a few hotels within a couple of miles of the airport and this was the one we decided on based on previous Courtyard Marriott experiences... it didn't disappoint. We didn't have a reservation due to our last minute decision, but the front desk personel were pleasant and helpful when we walked in around 9:30pm and asked for a room. The room was updated and clean, and included a desk and free wi-fi. Comfortable beds and spacious bathroom, we had a double queen room with a mini-fridge. We didn't have a chance to try out the food at the hotel because of our late check-in and early check-out.
We did however, stumble across a copy of "Celebrate Austin", a hard-cover book featuring the Austin area-- things to do, places to go and sights to see, that sort of thing. VERY nice book... wish we had run across it earlier in our trip rather than the night before we were flying out. It was in the drawer of the nightstand. (Definitely recommend a treasure hunt in your hotel room for a copy of this book as we did find one that morning in the hotel room we were checking out of from the main part of our stay.)
All in all an excellent overnight stay, the only thing you may want to check for, if you are staying over a Sunday night, would be that the garbage dumpster is not located outside on the same side of the building as your room is. The garbage truck was there bright and early Monday morning... around 3:45 or so, to empty the dumpster. Luckily we had been up for about 10 minutes by then (love those early flights!) so it didn't really wake us up, but the noise was loud enough that it had me going to the window to check out what was going on, and probably would have woken us up if we had been sleeping.
Definitely will keep this hotel in mind for future stays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY-RENOVATED! The Courtyard Austin Airport hotel just 2 miles from Austin-Bergstrom Airport, has just been renovated. With all new furnishings, free airport shuttle and reasonably-priced park and fly service, we're a standout among Austin airport hotels. Our new lobby is highlighted by the Bistro offering healthy breakfast items and Starbucks coffee. We even have a separate lobby bar serving cocktails and local beer and wine (5pm-11pm Mon-Fri). Business travelers appreciate our close proximity to downtown Austin, the convention center and Department of Veterans Affairs. Enjoy a weekend getaway and visit nearby attractions like 6th Street, Zilker Park and Circuit of the Americas. Relax in your room equipped with flat-screen TVs, free WiFi and comfy new sofas, or hit the 24-hour fitness center or indoor pool to stay active. Make the most of your next trip to the Lone Star State at Courtyard Austin Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Austin Airport Hotel Austin
- Austin Marriott
- Austin Courtyard
- Courtyard Austin Airport Texas