“Clean, convenient and close”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #63 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
“Clean, convenient and close”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is super convenient to the airport, close to downtown, and very, very clean. The indoor pool and hot tub are tiny but nice. The breakfast buffet is NOT included in the room rate, but totally worth it. My kids both pigged out on Texas-shaped waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, milk and juice for $15. We were visiting friends in Austin and this hotel worked perfectly for us; we'd definitely stay here again. My kids enjoyed the view of the airport and got to see planes taking off, but it was very quiet and dark in our room, and we all slept soundly. Room was very spacious, too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are glad you and your children enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott at Austin Airport was made even more memorable by a young lady named Rebecca at the front desk. Lost a button on my shirt and Rebecca procured a sewing kit to help me thru this loss! Realized my room rate did not include breakfast (mistake as it should have been since I could have had it included in my room rate - mistake by the person who made my reservation) - and Rebecca provided my family and me with a complimentary breakfast! Now that is customer orientation! Made me enormously happy. Thanks Rebecca and Courtyard Management team.

Room Tip: Take room and breakfast rate together. It is a better value.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sesmail
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am glad to learn our staff was able to provide such memorable service.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our room was nice, everything was very clean. They are doing major construction around there now so traffic is pretty bad. Tip: go to the road behind the hotel to get around, no construction and not congested. Considering it was right by the airport I didn't hear many planes and those I did weren't very loud. It is a nice location, close to downtown and right off the highway.

We didn't have breakfast there, for just about the same price you can go to Denny's across the street which is what we did.

My only minor complaint is that the water pressure in the shower wasn't the greatest. But overall I would definitely recommend.

Green Features: No recycling of plastic/paper anywhere that I saw, certainly not in the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to learn you enjoyed your time with us.

You are right about the back entrance! It has been a big help during the highway construction.
Bristol, UK
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while visiting Austin on business. The hotel is well maintained and very comfy. The beds are great, no trouble sleeping. Large rooms with good size bathrooms. Small shop area and good bar. Breakfast was the normal affair which was more than adequate and good start to the day. Would recommend this hotel for anyone staying for the airport or passing through. Not Al great deal nearby. Subway, Starbucks, Denny's within a couple of minutes walk. Good hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Overall great experience at this property! I would highly recommend having a sit at the bar or dinner at this location, Jennifer was outstanding with your level of service while waiting on me. I will make sure to go back the next time I am in Austin!

Room Tip: If you are looking to be close to the airport, this is a great location to stay at.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thanks for the great review! I will make sure to pass your kind remarks on to our bartender. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Iowa
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We flew in late and used the airport shuttle, a great service. Room was decent and clean. A bit bummed we all had to be showered by 9:30 the next morning as the water was being turned off. But that didn't seem to be a problem as the housekeeping staff woke us up during their conversation in the hallway outside our room.

Breakfast was good, but we were a bit confused as every resident is asked their name before told the price of breakfast. Seems some pay, others don't depending on rewards status.

Staff was friendly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy to learn that you found our staff friendly and the shuttle service convenient.

We offer some room packages that include breakfast in the rate. Our restaurant staff checks to see if guests have reserved a breakfast package before quoting prices. The Courtyard by Marriott brand does not offer complimentary breakfast to guests based on Elite Rewards status.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip to the area.
Creedmoor, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm back on the road again back and forth to Austin, but the good thing is knowing the Courtyard Marriott -- hasn't changed! The staff is Awesome as always, The rooms are the comforts of home, not to busy and just right for business travelers such as my self. Breakfast is fast and friendly and who can beat the bar at night! Jen - is the Best!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Welcome back!