“Insert superlatives here!”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #58 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Shuttle service...super! Front desk....super! Room...excellent! Slept fantastic! Breakfast....super duper! We actually wished we could have stayed longer....will definitely stay here the next time I come to Austin.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great hotel, friendly shuttle bus driver and staff at desk! I worked with their corp events person, Shelby, to schedule out the boardroom and usual amenities. She was great to work with and everything I asked for was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan H

Shelby does a great job, and we are fortunate to have her on the team!

Thank you for the wonderful review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Called for Complimentary Van upon arrival at airport...It was there within minutes. Hotel is located away from everything, but there was a nice TexMex next door and a coffee shop. Room was pleasant and quiet

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank glebo

Thank you for the great review. Our complimentary shuttle service runs seven days per week, 4:00 AM to 11:30 PM!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a great hotel for business travel. They have the best trained and friendly staff we find anywhere we travel! Gaby Perez get the day going great in the hotel cafe while Jen runs the evening restaurant and bar with flawless service. Front desk is always helpful - great place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim K
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thanks for the great review!

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Austin 7/18-7/20. Upon arrival I specifically asked for a room that was non-smoking. I was informed that all rooms were non-smoking which was a plus, however upon entering the second floor room, the room had an obvious odor of smoke. I asked for a transfer, which was immediately accommodated, however once switching rooms, the new room did not have a working refrigerator. (Room 412). The refrigerator had been removed but was never replaced for the length of my stay.

The breakfast was good, but there is a charge of $7.50 for the breakfast, which comparatively to other hotels is more of a continental breakfast fare. I was ok with this as 7.50 is not a bad charge for what I paid for the room.

I also used the fitness room facility during my stay. The treadmill was not in operation, and that was what I wanted to use, since the surrounding area is not the best for running; there are little to no sidewalks.

All in all, I'd say that this was a 3/5, ok deal but nothing "wowed" me about my stay.

Room Tip: Pick rooms on the 4th or 5th floor only, and ask for a window facing the airport
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ayanna M
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our goal is very specifically to "wow" our guests, and I am sorry to learn we fell short for you.

While we are a 100% non smoking hotel, there sometimes are guests who will violate this policy, in spite of the enforced $250 per incident smoking charge.

We offer refrigerators in the large majority of our rooms. We are happy to provide refrigerators to any room on request.

I am also sorry to learn that you were unable to use either of our treadmills while you were here. We check them frequently to ensure they are working correctly, and I regret that you were inconvenienced.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Experienced their shuttle service a couple of times due to delays with my flights and everyone I came into contact with was wonderful! They were always friendly, smiling and helpful. Will absolutely stay with them again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NYTX_2013
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay!

Our shuttle service operates 7 days per week, 4:00 AM to 11:30PM. While our primary focus is transportation to and from the airport, we also offer shuttle service to locations within a 2 1/2 mile radius of the hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel a great deal for work and usually stay at Marriott locations. I was very disappointed with this location and visit. They staff was not very friendly. I arrived very early due to travel changes and they refused to let me check-in before 3 PM saying rooms were not available but as I waited for hours in the lobby they were letting other guests change rooms. The other guest made a reservation for a family member that was coming in that night and wanted to stay on the same floor. They were able to find a free room for that guest but not for me?
They also do not treat their rewards members in any special way. This is the first courtyard that I have stayed in that has not offered someone for being a rewards member.
Also they have not air conditioning in the elevators and the temperature in them was so hot and unbearable that I walked the stairs.
When I travel back to Austin I will definately choose a different location to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear jrrepasky,

I am sorry to learn about your disappointing experience with us.
We work hard to recruit and train the friendliest possible associates and we are always happy to accomodate early check ins whenever there are rooms available. From your comments it sounds like we really fell short during your stay, and I sincerely apologize.

I would appreciate an opportunity to address your specific concerns and to learn more about your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 512 386 7464 or at jon.legalos@whitelodging.com.