“Comfort Food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

A laid back place with consistently good food and service. Quiet enough to have conversations without yelling over the music. The roasted corn bisque with chicken and farfalle never fails to satisfy! I haven't had a bad dish here.

There are newer reviews for Blue Star Cafeteria

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We ended up here by pure coincidence as my wife was shopping around the corner. The place wasn't very busy as it was late afternoon on a day during the week. So we asked if it was ok for us to sit at the bar and let the baby sit on the counter. The bar tender, manager, and everybody else was extremely helpful and understand that a baby just won't sit a single spot at the bar. The bar tender knew his beers and was great to have beer discussion with. We had some snack food and all of that was pretty good as well. Overall a good experience. However... always a however .. when we need to change the baby we were told that none of the restrooms has a changing table. That's just so disrespectful for parents who have kids. Gives the message why are you coming to my restaurant. Also resulting for me instead of giving a 4 or 5 rating to only a 3 rating.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable brunch at the Blue Star Cafe. We were five adults and a baby. The Cafe was kid friendly.

The food was tasty and different enough to be interesting. The special of the day was salmon eggs Benedict, which was wonderful. The coffee was strong and flavorful. The breakfast plate was delicious. I had the almond maple granola with yoghurt and fruit.

The service by Sydney was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks Sydney! You helped make our meal perfect.

We even took some of the bread pudding and apple pie home with us. We have just tried both of them. Yummy.

Good choice. We would strongly recommend this place.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I really liked the food here - high quality, freshly cooked & very interesting. So fresh it tastes fresh, which is great. But, I thought the value for the money was not quite ideal. I'm not overly price-sensitive, but it just seemed to cost a lot for what we got. Food makes me want to go back, but not the prices...

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Enjoyed lunch here recently. Service was excellent and the spinach salad with roasted chicken was delicious. If you are there and the place is busy, know that it is an extremely noisy place. But, we had a great time and would return.

Been to Blue Star Cafeteria? Share your experiences!