“Very upscale and will change your mind about Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Austin Airport
Ranked #1 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Dallas, Texas
“Very upscale and will change your mind about Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Upon arrival it was easy to see this is not the Holiday Inn of days past. I haven't stayed in a HI for many years but from memory it used to be a coin flip of Holiday Inn or Best Western. Anyway, fast forward to the transformation of todays time.

The visual appeal and styling is apparent as soon as you enter the lobby. It is clean and well organized. It has a very modern style complete with clean lines and sophisticated furnishings. We were greeted very politely very quickly. David and Nate who were checking-in guests were very polite, dressed sharp, efficient and accommodating. They treated us as if they were genuinely happy to see we made it.

The bar area looked very classy and although we didn't use this particular area during our stay it would have been nice to enjoy a cocktail in the late evening hours. Perhaps another time.

The corridors are very ample and allow you to wheel your luggage without impeding other guests who are passing by. The room appearance was fantastic. The modern style is present in the rooms. There was plenty of counter space, an in room fridge, the LCD TV was adequate sized and there were plenty of places to charge the gadgets most of us have incorporated into our lives. The room was very clean and crisp. Our rooms were very spacious and inviting and the vanity area will be appreciated by you ladies I am sure. The "L" shaped sofa was comfortable but nothing compared to the comfort of the mattress. I meant to look at the tag on this mattress before I left but didn't. The comfort is superior to my bed at home which is not too shabby if I say so myself. I don't know how old the building is or if it has required any remodel but I didn't see any drips, leaks, caulk missing, mold or mildew that seems to be too common when staying in rooms in this price range. Some might say I am too picky while I defend that I am just observant and those needed repairs of some hotels drive me crazy. Anyway, I challenge you to find something wrong with the rooms here.

Nite nite.... sweet dreams.... :D

Woke up feeling refreshed. The coffee provided in the room was tasty and convenient. I do prefer the 4 cup coffee makers that used to be in most hotels but this one worked just fine. We just bummed around for a bit then went down the the dining area for breakfast. We caught the tail end of breakfast service so the buffet was a bit depleted. We chose to order from the menu and the choices were plentiful. The prices are very reasonable and the portions were larger than we could finish. Ralph and Victoria were our servers and they were fantastic.

Cleaning staff: I regret not getting the names of the cleaning staff but they are very friendly and need to be thanked for making your hotel shine. Without them it would not be the same so please pat them on the back the next time you see them pass by.

We went for a morning swim and were the only guests at the pool. The patio is adjacent to the pool area but separate if you wanted to relax and read and not be disturbed by the pool activity. There were plenty of chairs and towels available at the pool. It was very clean and relaxing.

The lobby is very open and spacious but there are many conveniences packed into this space. There is a business center if you want to check the weather or emails or maybe have a glass of the lemon water which looks very inviting on the table? There is a guest "convenience center" that is very neat in presentation and well stocked. You are not forced into a gift shop if you want a snack or a cool drink. It has a very "free" feel to it which is hard to describe. It is almost as if all of these items are complimentary. (They are not so don't get any crazy ideas) You grab what you want and the hotel rep will ring you up and get you on your way. You can also get a Starbucks if you are someone who enjoys a stronger cup of Joe. Janice is a lovely lady who was eager to please and had our coffee ready in no time flat. This was our first time seeing her but not the last. When we were checking out it was raining sideways and we were in a pickup. We had some handy dandy trash bags to wrap our luggage in but they were not big enough for the task. Janice saw we were having a challenge but instead of simply thinking "well bless their hearts" she contacted the holder of the big bags and in a few short minutes the luggage was protected and we were on our way. The staff here go the extra mile and need to be appreciated for such. There are literally hundreds of choices in hotels in Austin but this one is our "go to" from now on when we are in town. Furthermore, when our travel clients are looking for a place to stay in Austin this will be the first recommendation. You offer a lot of value while providing excellent service and I thank you for that. Please keep up the great work.

Kind regards,

Scott C.
scott@goelite.travel

Room Tip: Room choices are two queens or one king size bed. It is hard to believe the lack of traffic noise a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Scott,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! On behalf of the entire staff here, I thank you for your positive critique and we all look forward to welcoming you and your travel clients to the hotel in the near future. The staff has a feverish and genuine commitment to giving each and every guest world class service and we appreciate your validation of our efforts. To follow up on some of your curiosities, the hotel was opened on March 2014 and the mattresses are Siemens Beauty Rest. Once again, thank you again for taking time out of your day to recognize our hotel and our team. Happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the moment you walk in you realize this is not your momma's Holiday Inn, the hotel is modern and sophisticated. It has a great look, and wonderful bed, but it is the staff who really take it to the next level. They are so easy to work with that before you leave you feel like you've become friends. The staff make sure that your stay is exactly what you need it to be, for example the first night there I was in the restaurant but needed to work and they gave me the space I needed to do so. But the second night I sat at the bar and had a blast with the bar tender, she made me feel right at home.

This is my ideal spot when staying on the south side of Austin, I will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jacquelyn,

Thank you for your recent five star review of the modern and sophisticated Holiday Inn Austin Airport! We love to hear that we went above and beyond your expectations. On behalf of the entire staff and especially the team members of the bar and bistro, I thank you for taking advantage of the onsite restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Austin area.
Tiki Island, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

What a fabulous surprise - tired and beat after the Jimmy Buffett concert, we go to our hotel only to find that gremlins had turned the Airport Holiday Inn into a Four Seasons! Cool and modern Euro vibe going on in the lobby - love it! The water wall is a nice touch, too. Thanks to Nathan Kung at the front desk for the warm and friendly welcome and the awesome room upgrade - you rock! Checked out the pool before heading to the room - looked so inviting and tropical but I need some zzzz's. Room was great - tall 12' ceilings and also very modern - love the décor and hanging pendant over the sitting area. Comfy bed and major amount of pillows (thank you!), unobtrusive tv and lots of chargers for everything imaginable. Morning came quick and it's right off the highway on Ben White so we zipped on out and headed home. Can't recommend the place enough - everything from the first step in to the last step out was customer service nirvana. Would absolutely stay again and thanks to all who made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 105 (ground floor) and no noise from the parking lot or highway at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan G, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Maryann,

Thank you for your five star review of the Four Seasons...I mean Holiday Inn Austin Airport! We love to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and that you were given first class service your entire stay. On behalf of the entire staff, I thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Austin area.
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Reservations were made with ease. The staff was professional and courteous. The room was spacious, nicely appointed and comfortable. The linens were good quality. The shuttle service was easy and the driver was a true gentleman.

• Stayed June 2014
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport. On behalf of the entire team here, I thank you for taking time out of your day to reward us with five stars. We are glad to hear that the beds and linens were to your satisfaction. Complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport is one of the services we offer and are thrilled that you took advantage of it. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to the Austin area.
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I just recently took my step team to Austin for a College Tour at UTAustin! Once we arrived at our hotel we were greeted by a wonderful staff with smiling faces. I heard about this hotel from Joshalyn Walker and I'm so glad I brought my students to this hotel! We enjoyed our stay and we will definitely come again!!! The staff was very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed! Excellent Experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Ms. Williams,

Thank you for your five star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! The entire staff here thanks you for your kind praise. We are delighted to hear that you and your step team had a pleasant stay in the Austin area and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My stay was beyond amazing...the staff is first rate. Joshalyn and David in particular made me feel right at home. The conversation on the ride from the airport me feel like we had been friends for ages! The typical "checking on your day" rapport was sincere and from the heart. I wish every hotel made me feel this welcome. The hotel was clean, the beds comfortable...who says a Holiday Inn can't be a five start establishment!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lacee,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give the Holiday Inn Austin Airport such a fantastic review. On behalf of our staff, I thank you for sincere feedback on our staff and establishment. It is truly rewarding to hear that we went beyond your expectations and that you had a great stay with your family. We hope to serve you again in the future. Happy travels!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the free airport shuttle that was kind enough to wait for me to the welcoming staff especially the manager Joshalyn I can't begin to say how wonderful the stay was. The hotel is clean, offers a welcoming décor, you feel like you are in a 5 star hotel absolutely beautiful hotel!. The rooms are oversized and the bed is fantastic after a long flight and the room also has microwave, frig, and coffee maker although they also serve what appeared to be Starbucks coffee. The staff called to welcome me the day before I was to arrive and answered any questions I had. The TV had plenty of options, the bar has full service as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner being served and the food is excellent. They have a mini store for anything you may need to purchase. I drink plenty of tea with tons of sugar and the bar staff helped me out on that sure wished I could remember her name but thank you for the excellent service. They offer all anyone could need especially if you just want to relax. They have an outdoor patio with wonderful couches and chairs to relax with friends or to enjoy a bit of quiet time, also a large outdoor pool. I needed a taxi and they called to arrange that for me. I felt they honestly cared for me as a person and my total comfort which is hard to find. I can't recommend this hotel and the staff enough for the excellent visit over Memorial Day weekend, I felt like I was in paradise. Thank you for the fantastic service and I look forward to staying again soon! The only negative is due to highway construction ease of getting into hotel and access to nearby stores but if you don't have to leave no complaints just sit back and relax.

Room Tip: Any floor is excellent, elevator close by entrance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deann A
Brendan G, Owner at Holiday Inn Austin Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Deann,

Thank you for your fabulous 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Austin Airport! The staff is thrilled with your acknowledgement of their efforts in providing world class customer service and we absolutely love to be compared to a 5 star hotel! On behalf of the entire staff, I thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Happy travels!